• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How can I select all object with 'same fill color' as selected object?

Todd-sta

Hi all,

I am using CorelDraw X5... I remember back in the day in an earlier Corel version it was very easy to select one object and then select a command that selects all other objects of the same fill color in the document as the selected object.... so I can change all objects of the same color at once instead of having to repeat the color change action for each individual object.

X5 has it buried somewhere... I found it once, but also noticed it didn't seem to work quite the same (and as well) as an earlier Corel version.

Can you tell me where this function is located, and give me a 'baby step' guide on how to use it?

Also couldn't find it in Corel's help... I must be having a brain f*rt kind-of-day.

Thanks.!!:smile:

Last edited by a moderator:

Todd-sta

That's why I am asking the question, because 99.8% of the time I work in Illustrator.

But... I'd like to learn how this is accomplished in Coreldraw.

Todd-sta

There is.... someone showed me once, but since I don't use the program nearly as often as Illy, I find myself scratching my head (unless I just have a dry scalp) :)

Todd-sta

I think I'm in the right area now... I selected the colored target object... then selected: edit/find and replace/find objects.

I then clicked on 'find objects that match the currently selected object/next/find all' and NOTHING happens.

I checked, and I have the correct 'color model' selected from the first object.

Help! and thanks! :)

Todd

RobbyMac

I use x3, but if nothings changed, you need to EDIT the settings (after choosing find objects that match current).
Specify properties for curves, hit it and uncheck the number of nodes (effectively saying you don't want to find objects that match the same number of nodes) reducing your criteria to color. then yer good to go.

Todd-sta

You are thee man!! I was trying the 'edit' feature and it would only select certain 'common' colored shapes... then after reading your message, I went back into the 'edit' area and X5 has a checkbox that says, 'find any type of object.' Once I checkmarked that box.... it selected all objects based upon my initial target object.

Thanks for getting me steered in the right direction!!!! :U Rock:

2NinerNiner2

Howdy,

Edit > Find and Replace > Find Objects... > Begin a New Search > Fills tab > Uniform Color > Specific Uniform Color fill > select color > Finish (or Save, as required) > Find All > select new color from palette :)

Cheers!
Lyle

RobbyMac

It's nice they added that checkbox in x5. Doubly so if it superselects/affects objects in groups (without having to ungroup them)
It is a pretty nice feature that can be customized almost to too much detail.
But I wish they had a simple select feature like illustrator. It's one area where you perform more mouse clicks to do something simple compared to illy.

Todd-sta

Thanks Lyle... got it figured out.... had to also check the box that says, "Find any type of Object"

Todd-sta

RobbyMac - yes, the only problem I had though was that I had two versions of the same logo side-by-side...

I had 'drag/copied' one from the original and needed to re-color it different from the original. So, when I was using the 'Find/Replace//find any type of Object' it was changing the original as well. So, I had to copy the duplicate to a new file and change it there and paste it back next to the original. I guess I could have copied it to another 'page' in the same file too.... getting myself reacquainted with CD. Thanks again.