• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help How Do I Achieve This Textured Look?

nikdoobs

View media item 9421I'm using a ShopBot Router with Partwizard 3.2 to create the cut files. I know this is pretty outdated software. But it works great for what we do most of the time. We have a customer requesting a sign with the wood grain texture like the one pictured.

I'm pretty sure I can do this with our router I just don't know what software I need. Any advice is greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Nick

GaSouthpaw

Profane and profane accessories.
I'm not familiar with your software, but if it's not 3D capable you're going to be putting in some hours handcrafting a background like that. More than likely, that sign was sandblasted using a GrainFrame (or something similar) if it's HDU or just plain sandblasted if it's actually wood.

nikdoobs

I'm not familiar with your software, but if it's not 3D capable you're going to be putting in some hours handcrafting a background like that. More than likely, that sign was sandblasted using a GrainFrame (or something similar) if it's HDU or just plain sandblasted if it's actually wood.

Yeah, It does look like its sandblasted. My software is not 3-d capable so I was looking for recommendations on software that is 3-d capable that I can use with my machine.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
That's sandblasted HDU, not hogged out by some CNC machine. I highly doubt you'll get that texture your way.

GaSouthpaw

Profane and profane accessories.
It's not just the software that'll have to be capable of doing it- you need to make sure your router itself will actually do 3D carving.
Off the top of my head both EnRoute and Vectric's Aspire software will do 3D carving when you purchase the plugin.

nikdoobs

It's not just the software that'll have to be capable of doing it- you need to make sure your router itself will actually do 3D carving.
Off the top of my head both EnRoute and Vectric's Aspire software will do 3D carving when you purchase the plugin.

Thanks for the info. Looks like Vectric's Aspire may be the way to go. Just gotta make sure its compatible with my ShopBot.