• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How do I make a Frame around a text, logo etc. without writing the mesure myself

Versus

Graphics
Hi guys

can somone please tell how i make a fram in corel, like it is possible en Signlab and in flexi when you are in the cut production.. Is it even possible?
i always make the files 100% ready for cut in Corel x4.. it would make it 1000 times quicker if i didnt have to look at the text and go "23.3x10.2 CM" and then make the frame "25.3x12.2 CM".. so i have 1 cm of squared fram around the text, logo, objekt or what ever... hope that someone could help :)

rcook99

Are you looking to make a weed box around the text? If so just go to your shape tool and grab the square and click and drag the box to the size you would like it to be around the text, logo, etc.

Versus

Graphics
not a contour, no!

and the square box and pull trick is the thing i am used to be doing.. but it has to be exact 1cm og weedbox.. i have to pull a box, then give it the exact measure by writing it down, and that sucks..
it would be great to just push a button and it would make a weedline around the marked area, like Signlab can do :/

wildside

what program are you using to cut?

we design in corel and then send it to the cut program where we can tell it to do a .079 weed border and it is automatically done, even on multiple copies....

Versus

Graphics
i'm using flexiCut 6.6
and i can chose a weeb border in the production part right before i send it, BUT.. if i chose 4 different things to cut and i need a weedborder around the 4 seperat things, its not possible, it will make one box around the whole set.. argh, its annoying..

Jackpine

I believe you have Corel and Signlab. Export the file as an eps to Signlab and set the weed specifications in Signlab. They have outstanding tools for that purpose.
I see you are using Felxi cut. Does Flexicut have cut options "vertical and horizontal"? If so choose what you need or put the lines in the Corel file and send it to the cutter.

Last edited:

Versus

Graphics
and the reason why i do make a box thats 1 cm wider then the widest spot on the text, its because it makes it alot easier to meaure a logo for example out on a car, if i have it cut out. if i make a mountain dew logo, it has a angle that would be annoying to find.. if i make a weed bos around it, i just have to measure down from each side and the angle will be the exact angle as it was on my screen...

Thats probably the badest explaination ever.
English is not the thing i'm best at :)

Jackpine

cut line

Like this? The magenta line is the cut line.

Attachments

• Mountain_Dew.jpg
    Mountain_Dew.jpg
    243.6 KB · Views: 111
Last edited: