• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How do I remove the clear pinch roller wheel

medafor

How do I remove the clear pinch roller wheel. i need to replace mine, how do i take it out?

wheel.jpg Offsite Pic Replaced Please Observe Our Photo Posting Rules

Last edited by a moderator:
Use small needlenose pliers to gently pull one clip off the shaft. There are 2 small washers between the wheel and plastic (ships with new washers) Replace BOTH pinch wheels if you're replacing as it will save frustration in the end. Pinch wheels are about $62/pair.

medafor

how do i pull off the clips cant tell how they come off, are they the little c shaped brackets? which direction do i pull, thank you for the prompt response

Sign Works

Go to Sears and buy the Craftsman mini pic set, the angled/hook one works perfect for removing those tiny C-clips. Very small needle nosed pliers or hemostatic forceps preferably work great for reinstalling them.

Attachments

• 9990000032692711.jpg
    9990000032692711.jpg
    7.9 KB · Views: 58
  • AC011bcd_large.jpg
    AC011bcd_large.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 53

Sign Works

This is the cheaper set that I got, about 6 bucks, very well worth it. Also you can find the forceps in the fishing dept at Walmart.

Attachments

• 00941513000.jpg
    00941513000.jpg
    5.1 KB · Views: 74

Sign Works

Use small needlenose pliers to gently pull one clip off the shaft. There are 2 small washers between the wheel and plastic (ships with new washers) Replace BOTH pinch wheels if you're replacing as it will save frustration in the end. Pinch wheels are about $62/pair.

Oh ya! forgot about those washers, arn't those the biggest little pain in the you know what? :thumb:

I'm having the same issue HOWEVER, I can get the clips off easily. My problem is pulling that shaft out to release the wheel & washers! I attempted it on another wheel to see if it was just that wheel but it isn't. I cannot get that shaft out! What in the world could be the issue?

otctech

There is a washer on each side of the pinch roller. When you slide the shaft out it gets caught in the groove on the shaft for the E-clip. Try pushing the washer up slightly while pulling the shaft out.