• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How do you do halftones in Fpro7.6?

Gene@mpls

I use 7.6v2 to setup .eps files for printing- I actually rip with softrip. There
must be a way to set a halftone??? I hope. There is a 'shade' selector in
Fill editor- gradient fills- advanced- but it is always grayed out. Thanks Gene

myronb

Gene, If I understand what you want to do.....select the 'button' with one red dot, Then 'shade' box will then be available. then you just adjust the percentage that you want.

Gene@mpls

Thanks Myron- I figured it out- in color mixer you can select 'spot' color
and set the halftone. Thanks for your reply. Gene

RiXaX

What about when you want the shade tones to be in a dot pattern?
Is there a way to adjust the size and density of the dots?

RiXaX

Mike, Could you please slow it down a bit more for me. Is this the Advanced button in Fill/Stroke Editor? I don't see anything there for Line Frequency. When I go to Color Spec's, I don't see anything there about line frequency either. I appreciate the help.

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
You have to open Production Manager and go to Rip & Print. Then go to the advanced tab> Click on screen> and lower the line frequency there. Lower LPI = larger size dots and less banding on thermal printers.

RiXaX

Mike, I don't have a digital printer to set up for a profile. I want to print on transparency film from an HP Deskjet. I's still not dialing this one in yet.