• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How does Flexi save print info?

gabagoo

I am a bit confused about this. As some might know as I have posted a thread each day as new issues arise...I have moved from a Mimaki jv3 to a new Mimkai jv150. I also went from a 12 year old Flexi photo print to the subscription full package of Flexi.... Most everything is similar, but there are differences and I just need input from users.

I have printed a few colour charts and in the process as jobs come in of changing the colours on older files. What I can't figure out is that if I choose a particular profile and make my changes and test print then overright the file with the new info, should the software be saving the profile? Each time I rip the file it goes back to the profile the file was originally opened in in the new software. Is there somewhere that I actually control the software to save that profile? Does not make sense to me...How would you know months later what profile was used if it does not save it?
HELP!!

shahidmqamar

I am a bit confused about this. As some might know as I have posted a thread each day as new issues arise...I have moved from a Mimaki jv3 to a new Mimkai jv150. I also went from a 12 year old Flexi photo print to the subscription full package of Flexi.... Most everything is similar, but there are differences and I just need input from users.

I have printed a few colour charts and in the process as jobs come in of changing the colours on older files. What I can't figure out is that if I choose a particular profile and make my changes and test print then overright the file with the new info, should the software be saving the profile? Each time I rip the file it goes back to the profile the file was originally opened in in the new software. Is there somewhere that I actually control the software to save that profile? Does not make sense to me...How would you know months later what profile was used if it does not save it?
HELP!!
What version is it?
Go to default setup properties.here you will see different tabs.Third tab is to add icc profile.
To add icc profile you should have icc profile for the desired printer.
In third tab you will see pass number and profile if there is any.if dont see any profile then you can click on drop down menu and there you will see add option.
When profile is added you will see first option "no colour correction" or "use colour correction"or "linearisation".here select use colour correction.click apply.you are done

shahidmqamar

What version is it?
Go to default setup properties.here you will see different tabs.Third tab is to add icc profile.
To add icc profile you should have icc profile for the desired printer.
In third tab you will see pass number and profile if there is any.if dont see any profile then you can click on drop down menu and there you will see add option.
When profile is added you will see first option "no colour correction" or "use colour correction"or "linearisation".here select use colour correction.click apply.you are done
The option for adding icc is "Default job properties"

gabagoo

Sorry I may have worded it wrong. I have the profiles, what I found strange was that if I set the job up using any particular profile, later if I reopened the file it default back to the profile at the top of the list. I think I found something in the print manager that saves the settings and creates new defaults for print options such as speed, heat and profile.

signage

I think I found something in the print manager that saves the settings and creates new defaults for print options such as speed, heat and profile.

Why don't you post what you think you found to fix this for future people looking for resolution and others to confirm if you are correct or not?

shahidmqamar

Sorry I may have worded it wrong. I have the profiles, what I found strange was that if I set the job up using any particular profile, later if I reopened the file it default back to the profile at the top of the list. I think I found something in the print manager that saves the settings and creates new defaults for print options such as speed, heat and profile.
Saving settings in flexi and print manager are two different tasks.
let us first consider flexi.if you have saved say profile x in default job properties.then it will be same profile x no matter what job you select in future.it will not revert to the icc at the top of list.this setting does not depend on any setting in print manager.default job property settings will remain same no matter you reopen same file or other file.If you are selecting profile x in "job properties"then this setting is for one time only.the setting will revert to default settings on reopening same file or some other file.
Now are you using rip and print command on flexi or you are saving rip files then adding saved rip to print manager for printing?
Pass number, print width,number of repeats etc all are set in flexi and same will be used in print manager.
print manager have settings for heater,print margin etc.But once ripping is done the print manager will use the colour settings,pass etc of ripped file.

er

gabagoo

Why don't you post what you think you found to fix this for future people looking for resolution and others to confirm if you are correct or not?
Yes, your right... I found the solution in Program manager. You can pre set the profile and all your settings so each time you start a new file everything is pre set to basically what you want, although if you need to make changes you can do that in the print and rip area job by job