• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

how does one shut down AVG?

Locals Find!

I believe you right click on the icon in your taskbar down by your clock in the lower right on the screen a menu should pop up and you should have an option to shut it down there.

I took AVG off my computer a few weeks ago so I am going from memory I apologize in advance if I am wrong.

Travis Stanley

If you want to remove it. Start,Control panel,Add or remove programs. If you want to temp disable right click on avg, open, and disable.

Salmoneye

If you do uninstall it, go to avg site afterwards and use their uninstall option to uninstall it again and clean everything up.

round man

Salmoneye is right you have to use avg's uninstaller to completely remove the program,and someone else suggested the right solution to stop it was an uninstall which should require a reboot to stop the program from loading at start up. Windows uninstaller will not completely remove the program from your computer. I suggest using another anti virus than avg as they are lagging behind in finding problems,...several of my previous problems slipped right by avg

gabagoo

I did not want to uninstall the program, I just needed it to be shut down so I could run combofix. Each time I run combofix, avg sees it as a malicious threat. I tried everything you guys suggested but still couldnt do it. Even after doing a ctrl alt delete, everytime I closed an avg application it popped right back up again. In the security settings under the control panel you couldnt shut it off, just wont co-operate

Salmoneye

I uninstall avg to run combofix and then reinstall. I also run de-fogger first (amongst other things) I just had to remove a root-kit that was a PITA

visual800

nah you really need to get rid of AVG and the uninstall will NOT get rid of it, it lingers. I........
download ccleaner and uninstall that way

THEN, do a search for avg files, delete all those

THEN go into registry and get rid of it.

Download avast and there you go. AVG is bloated, uncalled for and sucks the life out of computers. I dont when it went from a great antivirus to the HOG it is now. AVG lingers and it is worst than a damn malware to get out of computers

signage

I agree with visual800 AVG is a resource hog now! Look into another antivitus, Avast has good ratings!

gabagoo

nah you really need to get rid of AVG and the uninstall will NOT get rid of it, it lingers. I........
download ccleaner and uninstall that way

THEN, do a search for avg files, delete all those

THEN go into registry and get rid of it.

Download avast and there you go. AVG is bloated, uncalled for and sucks the life out of computers. I dont when it went from a great antivirus to the HOG it is now. AVG lingers and it is worst than a damn malware to get out of computers
OK I going to check out this avast.