• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How does one transport large 60" graphics? Any bags out there?

depps74

I been looking for a large bag to carry my large format print jobs to the site. Surprisingly google and amazon yielded nothing suitable. any ideas?

AKwrapguy

I been looking for a large bag to carry my large format print jobs to the site. Surprisingly google and amazon yielded nothing suitable. any ideas?

I know the answer to this... carefully. Your welcome.

But seriously, just roll them up and put them in a box or tube.

depps74

I should explain. I need to bring multiple rolls, over 600', and live in nyc where only way to really get from A to B is train or cab. So it would be handy to have a bag that all the rolls (spooled onto a core) could go into and its just one bag, rather than multiple boxes, rolls, tubes etc...

ams

I should explain. I need to bring multiple rolls, over 600', and live in nyc where only way to really get from A to B is train or cab. So it would be handy to have a bag that all the rolls (spooled onto a core) could go into and its just one bag, rather than multiple boxes, rolls, tubes etc...

Ummm... Unless these rolls like 2" wide, 600' of large format graphics isn't going to fit into anything and would be too heavy to carry. A standard roll of vinyl is 50 yards (150 feet) so that would equal 4 full rolls and be around 180 to 200 lbs

Look into ski/snowboard bags, firefighter tool bags, and truss bags like the stage sound/lighting guys use. Sometimes you just have to think outside the box. :D

AKwrapguy

generally explaining is the better... So use a cab, or a professional courrier. You talking about 4-5 rolls of 60" material there is no way your going to be able to carry that in a bag. That's several hundred lbs. If you hell bent on doing it the hard way look at getting one of those fordable luggage carts/hand trucks. Secure the rolls in the boxes, tape them together and than secure to the cart. You might need to extend the bottom piece for that many rolls but it should work. It might be a little awkward but it should work.

If your hell bent on a 'bag' look at sporting good stores and transport bags made for ski's. Not sure if they's stand up the the weight and you'll need a couple as you will only be able to get maybe 100' ish feet of material on each one if you have a core.

depps74

Good input on weight, did not consider that. Duh. So the bag will be on a cart which in turn means I am back to boxes.

2B

Gino

Premium Subscriber
You're never gonna carry that much weight around walking, pushing, carrying or anything. Pack it all up and UPS or Fed-Ex to your destination and charge it to the client. Meet it there the next day.

AKwrapguy

Good input on weight, did not consider that. Duh. So the bag will be on a cart which in turn means I am back to boxes.

Yep. Also remember how much of a pain the cart will be if you have to encounter stairs or any other cramped spaces. While I know that driving in big city's is a pain in the ass it's probably going to be the best way to transport the material.

ddarlak

Go Bills!
Use the boxes the vinyl came in and have them delivered to the place your installing. This should have been included in your cost.

bigben

I stack 3 milk crates and cut the bottom of the top 2. Then I strap those to a dolly. I can carry 4 full roll of vinyl at the same time. This way, I can disassemble everything and put it in a regular car.

And I seal all my prints in a polybag tube.

depps74

I stack 3 milk crates and cut the bottom of the top 2. Then I strap those to a dolly. I can carry 4 full roll of vinyl at the same time. This way, I can disassemble everything and put it in a regular car.

And I seal all my prints in a polybag tube.
YES!!!! BEST SOLUTION! Thanks man, I knew there was a way. Will have to make multiple trips for the weight factor, but this install will probably go over a few days anyhow. Awesome! Thanks man!