• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How does this laminator look? Looking to buy it for 3000$ CAD

Micheal

Hello, I am looking at buying a used laminator he says its about 8 years old, I am just wondering if the roller would be worn in that timeframe?

Anything I should look out for?

1648609396423.png

ikarasu

$3000? Too much. You can buy a 54" rs for $5000 Canadian new. That thing being that age should be under 1k. I picked up the same.model for $100 at auction.

My used one doesn't run straight... It always goes off. Probably just needs re alignment... But if you're going to buy this one.m bring a roll of vinyl and test it to see if it keeps itself straight or not.

brdesign

I've used a couple of laminators like that one in the past, and they were a nightmare to use, wasted a lot of material with them. They were well used by the time I was working with them, maybe they were good laminators when they were new but they did not age well. I wouldn't pay that much for that one.

truckgraphics

I'd go with a new Chinese laminator. You get the same warranty (none). But it's new and you can get one for under $3,000 will all the bells and whistles.

By the way, we have an eight year old (also Chinese) 54" laminator. It only works properly up to 30", maybe 36" in a pinch. We keep it loaded with the shorter rolls and it's useful, but wouldn't sell it claiming its fully operational. Maybe this one is fully operational, but they do wear out eventually.

netsol

$3000? Too much. You can buy a 54" rs for $5000 Canadian new. That thing being that age should be under 1k. I picked up the same.model for $100 at auction.

My used one doesn't run straight... It always goes off. Probably just needs re alignment... But if you're going to buy this one.m bring a roll of vinyl and test it to see if it keeps itself
I'd go with a new Chinese laminator. You get the same warranty (none). But it's new and you can get one for under $3,000 will all the bells and whistles.

By the way, we have an eight year old (also Chinese) 54" laminator. It only works properly up to 30", maybe 36" in a pinch. We keep it loaded with the shorter rolls and it's useful, but wouldn't sell it claiming its fully operational. Maybe this one is fully operational, but they do wear out eventually.
You know, there is a difference between "needs to be aligned" and "worn out"

Cars need wheel alignments, doesn't mean we should have it crushed