• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

how does this look

evader

Just wondering how this looks. I didn't create the torn metal part...just using it to see what it looks like. What do you think? Does it look sort of realistic at all?

Attachments

• rip.gif
    rip.gif
    119.6 KB · Views: 183

evader

the diamond plate look is just a plugin from Alien Skin.

Here's a few more I've been playing around with.

Attachments

• rip_01.gif
    rip_01.gif
    110.8 KB · Views: 175
  • rip_02.gif
    rip_02.gif
    117 KB · Views: 190
  • rip_03.gif
    rip_03.gif
    115.9 KB · Views: 133

Arlo Kalon 2.0

Does it look sort of realistic at all?

..."sort of"... (yawn)... sorry - absolutely NOT dissing you. It's just that it has become the skull of this millenium so far on motorcycle artwork to have all these fills in the torn metal's gaping hole. What you've done is fine... but it is mundane IF you are going for any originality at all. OTOH, if you're just playing with a plug-in, that one does look like fun.

DIGITAL360

id be honest to help you. it does look cheap like really no thought was put into it. i mean it is so original that probably a million people out there can do the same thing since they do have the plugins but you should try doing a custom torn metal effect. will take time but will look alot better & will really be happy with your own accomplishments :)

"Deposit Please"

I agree, it does look like "flat as a pancake" It can use some 3d effects like shadows, depth, but your on the right track, just keep playing with it & make it your own!!!

Fitch

Computers are really cool.

Crap in - crap out.

Does ANYONE create designs rather than just hit the "effect" button?.

Imagine the finished product BEFORE you even start. Then create what you imagined.

If it looks exactly as you imagined, then you have created what you "saw". It may be good it may be bad.

Don't see what you can create using all the tools. That is NOT design.

The better designers on this site will concur I am sure.

TheSellOut

:ROFLMAO: I thought this was a new thread and didn't realize it was 4 years old. I remember getting one of these vinyl graphics, with an American flag in the middle, from the Atlantic City Sign Show and re-creating the tear effect by scanning in some tinfoil!