• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How many people?

p3

I am curious in to finding out how many people here feel they have a good handle on HTML/CSS.

How many people don't know HTML/CSS and would like to learn?

I'm asking, just because I am thinking about hosting webinars to help people. I want to go over things and allow people to ask questions, get answers and have a more hands on approach. With the knowledge of HTML & CSS not only can you build basic front end websites, it opens up doors for people to utilize tools like Wordpress and modify templates or themes a little bit to make them custom for certain applications.

So...How many people know it? and how many don't, but want to learn?

Supergirl

I know it.
i write software and web apps for living, but i have to know styling as well, including all the new hype frameworks.

unless it's a static page or one of the CMS, i believe it is really hard for a non developer to make much or any use of it by themselves.

having a designer who knows CCS and a developer work together == priceless! :rock-n-roll:

SignManiac

Not interested in knowing any code anymore. We have in house programmers and web guys who are a thousand times better than I will ever be. Gotta love delegating!

GB2

Old Member
Don't know it but I would like to be more familiar with web site building and I have others in the shop that I would like to have participate if you should decide to do this.

p3

Okay, well seems there's more people that aren't interested than are. I'm going to be trying to get a new mic and stuff here soon and will start doing lessons. It's going to start extremely basic, going over what HTML is, how it's read, how to create it, what syntax looks like then go into building basic pages. Then going over different elements, after that getting into setting up divs and dealing with HTML5 CSS. All and all I think it will be around 15-20 sessions. If not sessions, I was thinking videos, I could just upload to youtube, then during the week when people have questions I could answer them. I dunno, all just thoughts. I want to start something this coming month.

phototec

Okay, well seems there's more people that aren't interested than are. I'm going to be trying to get a new mic and stuff here soon and will start doing lessons. It's going to start extremely basic, going over what HTML is, how it's read, how to create it, what syntax looks like then go into building basic pages. Then going over different elements, after that getting into setting up divs and dealing with HTML5 CSS. All and all I think it will be around 15-20 sessions. If not sessions, I was thinking videos, I could just upload to youtube, then during the week when people have questions I could answer them. I dunno, all just thoughts. I want to start something this coming month.

IMHO: the youtube videos will work best for all folks, because everyone is at a different level. They can watch over and over, PAUSE, and ever go back if they miss something.

I would be interested in a basic Wordpress class....

I just watched the Photoshop Week webinars all week (Friday is the last day), and some of the instructors where going to fast and some people got lost and couldn't keep up.

Good luck and :thankyou:.

BobM

I would like to learn more about it as well. The you tube version seems like a good way to get started.

nikdoobs

What I really want to learn is Adobe Muse. I've watched a few videos on it but haven't really sat down with it. Seems like it would be a lot less to learn & easier for someone who isn't a full time web designer.