• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How much for a boat wrap?

Hot Vinyl

Hot Vinyl
Hey everyone is almost the weekend. I have a neighbor that bought a wrap and had me install it. The boat was a 17' and it went on both sides. It is my first one and so I am trying to be fair and price right. I was thinking of charging $125.00 for installing it? Am I to high? What you guys think?

GB2

Old Member
You should have been double or triple that, especially when using someone else's product and being responsible for it.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
With discussion time, figuring things out, prepping the boat, putting it on, post heating and cleanup time....... how much time did you actually spend on it ?? Be truthful..... all of your time.

Hot Vinyl

Hot Vinyl
Probably 7-8 hours. So I will charge more. Thanks guys. With it being my neighbor didn't want to charge too much.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
So, you're willing to work for $16. an hour ?? At those numbers, you should be closer to $800 to $1,000. Knock 10% off for being a neighbor. I do my neighbors' work for free. That way they don't wanna impose, so they don't ask for much. I let them use my bucket truck. I'm well liked around my parts.

Precision

It depends. How much is your time worth. I have to do so much a day, or why work for myself. $100 an hour, then there's market minimums on these. Garage guys are notorious for upsetting the market, pricing way to low. There has to be a minimum on some things, especially time consuming projects. A boat, just the exterior from the lower body line to the top outside edge of the top of the hull, back panel, no interior. It's gonna take my whole day. How much is your day worth? I'll easily take $800 - $1000. The client isn't doing me any favors supplying the material. I can't make money there, which makes my labor the only profit center for that day. Don't wreck things by being too cheap. We are in it to win, make a nickle, eat good and enjoy life. Good luck. Your first one was practice and you learned a lot. Charge more next time.

garyroy

At that price, don't be surprised if his 7 fishing buddies with boats start coming around to get their boat wrapped with vinyl that they bought online. ;)
I Just paid a computer guy $400 to have him hookup my online computer backup. It took him one hour with us, and he did it over the phone.
You might want to rethink your business plan.