• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How much would booklet printing cost?

JudeWeston

My daughter wants to print out some of her drawings in an art booklet. Can I get your opinion on these booklet printing costs I found online? I’m a single mother, and I want to support her in what she wants. Your replies would be highly appreciated.

Stacey K

I like making signs
I don't know if they do this but you might want to check out 4OVER or a wholesale printer like that. I'm not sure if she wants lots of copies or just one for herself, but I've made MANY hardcover and soft cover photo books from Walmart or Shutterfly. They are inexpensive and of decent quality. You can photograph the art, save them as a jpeg and upload. You can add notes, etc. Very professional looking. The small softcover ones are only a few dollars. The below are 5x7 soft and 11x14 hard
1638884605193.png
1638884656610.png

netsol

amazon has a service where you can self publish, they create and store as a pdf & print bind & ship, 1 day after order is received. with several finishing options

i read earlier this year that it is very popular for people who would otherwise pay the upfront costs of printing a book (fairly substantial) with a niche following. since you do not have a way of judging what the market will be for a first effort, this might be a good approach

sorry i don't have more info. i believe you can just google amazon self publishing options & then scroll down below those who pay to appear above them in the search

Stacey K

I like making signs
amazon has a service where you can self publish, they create and store as a pdf & print bind & ship, 1 day after order is received. with several finishing options

i read earlier this year that it is very popular for people who would otherwise pay the upfront costs of printing a book (fairly substantial) with a niche following. since you do not have a way of judging what the market will be for a first effort, this might be a good approach

sorry i don't have more info. i believe you can just google amazon self publishing options & then scroll down below those who pay to appear above them in the search
This must be why a bunch of the books I buy on Amazon have a million spelling errors LOL

AGCharlotte

what Stacey said might be the best option, though possibly Office Depot or Fedex Office if you can lay the artwork out ahead of time. I'm basing this on the assumption of a 1 off print or small quantity. A small quick printer (like one of the franchise shops, ie: Minuteman, Allegra, AlphaGraphics, etc.) would be another option for low quantity but with a design/pre-press person to help you lay it out.

This, however is a sign shop forum, so most of those here that do print small format tend to be larger commercial printers.