• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Suggestions How often do you all get your Gerber equipment serviced?

Will308decals

Hey all,

I have an Edge 2 and Envision 375 and do not have a yearly serviced plan with GMS. I am looking for another printer and plotter to expand my business (if anyone is selling or know someone who is selling please message me!), but I have yet to find new equipment so I started looking into just sending my stuff in to get serviced. My question to all of you who also do not have a service plan with GMS, how often do you all send in your equipment to get serviced? And how often should I get serviced? I do not print much, its a part time hobby making no more than $15k a year so there isn't a ton of use on it, but I haven't had it sent in to GMS since I've had it which has been 5 years.

Let me know,
Will

Joe House

Sign Equipment Technician
Like White Haus said - most of our customers will only get them serviced when they have problems with them. We have some customers with multiple Edges that will get them all serviced when one has a problem. However, we've seen some issues with getting parts, so, if this is your main source of income, you might want to be proactive about getting it serviced.

petepaz

we had our gerber edge and plotter for like 15 yrs and it was a work horse. we cleaned and lubricated what we could but other than that only service we had done was on the plotter once and that was because it wasn't working (forget what went wrong). the printer never had service. we did blow a pixel in the print head once but at that point we really didn't use it much so we just worked around it and anything that wouldn't work out we ran on one of our other digital printers.
not sure what a regular service/maintenance program would include other than normal cleaning and lubrication you could do your self

David A

Hey all,

I have an Edge 2 and Envision 375 and do not have a yearly serviced plan with GMS. I am looking for another printer and plotter to expand my business (if anyone is selling or know someone who is selling please message me!), but I have yet to find new equipment so I started looking into just sending my stuff in to get serviced. My question to all of you who also do not have a service plan with GMS, how often do you all send in your equipment to get serviced? And how often should I get serviced? I do not print much, its a part time hobby making no more than $15k a year so there isn't a ton of use on it, but I haven't had it sent in to GMS since I've had it which has been 5 years.

Let me know,
Will
I have a very low mileage Edge II and an Envision 750 (30" sprocket feed) plotter available. Let's talk, if you're interested.

Billct2

I've never had my Edge 2 or 15" Envision on a service schedule. I follow the instructions for cleaning and lubricating I was given when I first got them.
Gerber offered a free Edge tune up when they were pushing the FX and I had that done. I have a parts machine for the Edge and used the clutch out if it for mine.
Replaced the struts with generics once.
I had my original Super Sprint plotter rebuilt by the plotter doctor once. That is my back up now.
I have been looking for a back up set up but none have come available close enough to me to check out