• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How to archive Yahoo emails

phototec

Hey guys & gals,

Anyone know a good way to archive about 1000 Yahoo emails, and get them off my computer?

I'm thinking there my be a way, maybe a batch type program, that would convert the emails to a text file or word doc, so you could burn them onto a CD or DVD for archive.

Anyone know how to accomplish this?

:thankyou:

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
I archive them as .PDF files and they still retain their photos and hyperlinks.

I haven't found a simple way to do them in batches.

Perhaps somebody knows.

JB

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
Ok, what is your procedure?

Are you working from an open email, are you using PRINT to ADOBE PDF, or right clicking, then CONVERT TO ADOBE PDF?

I use Adobe Acrobat. I click "print" in the email window first and that will set up the email in its own page. Then I click on the Adobe icon to convert it to a .pdf.

If you don't click on "print" in the email window first, you'll end up creating a .pdf showing your email message, and all your folders in your mailbox.

You could also print it to a .pdf, they basically do the same thing. I believe using the icon is a bit faster.

JB

round man

You don't say what email client you are using so that is a hard question to answer,.outlook? thunderbird? outlook express?.I can however tell you how to avoid this in the future,..I use yahoo web mail and they have over 7 years of messages stored for me and I still have plenty of space left,..I can go back to any date during those 7 years and retrieve messages and correspondence if need be,....the only room they take up on my personal system is when I download them or manually save them to my hard drive,... another up side to using web mail is that when you use a client like outlook or mozilla the mail is downloaded to your hard drive and if one contains a virus ,..bam its on your system,...

phototec

Hey guys & gals,

Anyone know a good way to archive about 1000 Yahoo emails, and get them off my computer?

I'm thinking there my be a way, maybe a batch type program, that would convert the emails to a text file or word doc, so you could burn them onto a CD or DVD for archive.

Anyone know how to accomplish this?

You don't say what email client you are using so that is a hard question to answer,.outlook? thunderbird? outlook express?...

I sure did, see my FIRST post above, or the attached screen capture.
:banghead:

AT&T Yahoo Mail is what I'm using!

Attachments

• Yahoo mail.jpg
    Yahoo mail.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 76

cdiesel

Wow Photo.. Roundman asked what *client* program you're using. Not which service. You can access Yahoo mail in many ways. You are doing it in the same way that Roundman suggested, using Yahoo's servers for storage and not your computer.

phototec

Roundman asked what *client* program you're using. Not which service.

Ok then, I guess I don't know what a *client* program is. I just know that, I'm using Yahoo mail provided by AT&T DSL service.

How can I find out what *client* program I am using?

Thanks for keeping me straight.

cdiesel

You're using web based email, just as Roundman outlined above. The emails are stored on Yahoo's servers, not your computer. No real need to archive emails, unless you're running out of space (I think Yahoo gives you 10gb of storage for free). I have no idea how to archive web based email, unless Yahoo has the option (which I haven't seen). If you switch to using Outlook or another email client, you can archive your messages using that program's archive function.
If you're wanting to archive to organize your messages, you can always make folders and sort everthing out that way by date.

phototec

Roundman asked what *client* program you're using. Not which service. You can access Yahoo mail in many ways.

Here is a screen capture of my settings:

INTERNT OPTIONS, under PROGRAMS says Yahoo Mail.

Is this the *client* program you are taking about?

If not, where do I find the *client* program?

Attachments

• Email Program.jpg
    Email Program.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 66

round man

The client is the name of the program you view your mail in,....it looks like you are using yahoo webmail.

edited to add if you are using yahoo web mail you may need to delete all the messages in the spam folder on a regular basis in order to keep from filling up your quota of 10gb,...and you do not need to delete them off your computer as they are stored on yahoo's computers (web mail servers),...

Last edited: