• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How to Bypass sensor on Seal 62 base

Dan Berg

Yes. It is easy and does not require any engineering knowledge and skills. You can use the most common PVC plumbing pipe. This will allow you to wind a short thread using the sensors themselves. You may lose an hour to release the cables and pull the sensor through the machine. You can leave the receiver and transmitter on the floor of the machine. I think, you understand the idea and I hope you can solve the problem. There must be other ways. This one seems the most elementary to me.
Except my sensors don't work so we cannot do any of the things you are talking about other than the possible jumper.

netsol

Premium Subscriber
Except my sensors don't work so we cannot do any of the things you are talking about other than the possible jumper.
in the 1970's i operated a bunch of packaging equipment & oerformed much of the maintenance for one of new jersey's largest companies
when i left, after almost 10 years, i was the only one with a full set of 10 fingers. i got snagged a few times, but, never more than an interesting scar on each hand.
being older now (no one ever accused me of being wiser) i no longer suggest that anyone bypass a safety device.

when on the way to the hospital with a finger in a cup, almost no one says "i am still glad we bypassed that sensor", i don't care what they say

Dan Berg

in the 1970's i operated a bunch of packaging equipment & oerformed much of the maintenance for one of new jersey's largest companies
when i left, after almost 10 years, i was the only one with a full set of 10 fingers. i got snagged a few times, but, never more than an interesting scar on each hand.
being older now (no one ever accused me of being wiser) i no longer suggest that anyone bypass a safety device.

when on the way to the hospital with a finger in a cup, almost no one says "i am still glad we bypassed that sensor", i don't care what they say
At 73 I have my fair share of gray hair so know a little bit about risk management. If they would only make these things a little more affordable to repair. $175 an hour is just not going to happen. Looking for new sensors and those I can install myself.

netsol

Premium Subscriber
i feel it is too high as well, but, in truth it has more to do with the fact that our dollar is only worth $0.42 compared to Jan 2020 according to the study that larry kudlow quoted the other day.

you pay roughly the same rate for a car mechanic or a plumber, so the problem is not with our industry

netsol

Premium Subscriber
Dan, if you are 73, THINK ABOUT IT, you had more buying power when you were making $160/wk compared to today

i filled a small bag at a grocery store on the way home last night & topped $70.
HAVING TO PAY FOR THE "REUSABLE" BAG WAS JUST THE CHERRY ON TOP OF THE SUNDAE