• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How to clean up deflected nozzles?

highrolling24

Hi, I purchased a Roland VG2- 54" last year and I have just been noticing that my cyan has a couple nozzles that seem to be off (deflected?) I am self taught on all this wide format stuff and I did alot of research but haven't found exactly what I was looking for. (I dont like the search button on this forum cant seem to find anything from it, maybe its just me) anyway I have done cleanings and nothing seems to be working to improve them, I did see a forum that said not to do the most powerful cleaning that its just a waste of ink so I haven't done it yet, thought I would ask here to see if it is even deflected nozzles maybe its something else. I know it is kinda hard to see but if you look close you can see a couple that are closer than some others. Please let me know what I can do to make better. Alignment? IDK, I am trying to do more pictures and canvas and want to have the best print as I can. Would this be under warranty? I haven't asked the company that installed it yet I want to have all the info I can before I ask to make sure I ask the correct questions.
Thanks for looking, any info would be great.

Attachments

• test print.jpg
    test print.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 340

highrolling24

Thank for your reply, I did do a search for it and that is where I heard not to do a powerful clean. I guess my question is can you see in the test print that a few lines are not perfectly lined up like the others in the cyan? I am not sure if that is deflected nozzles or is it something not lined up? should this be under warranty?

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
This is one of the cleanest nozzle tests I've ever seen on here. Are you actually getting bad output prints?

That said, there is the tiiiiniest amount of feed calibration that might resolve the slight gap between both passes of the nozzle test. Unless you're seeing horizontal banding, I wouldn't be looking for a problem that doesn't exist.

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
This is one of the cleanest nozzle tests I've ever seen on here. Are you actually getting bad output prints?

That said, there is the tiiiiniest amount of feed calibration that might resolve the slight gap between both passes of the nozzle test. Unless you're seeing horizontal banding, I wouldn't be looking for a problem that doesn't exist.
i was going to say the same thing.

I wonder how half of the people here get good quality prints with some of the nozzle checks i've seen.

Looks fine, if you have no quality issues, no need to worry really.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
There are no nozzles on there that would be considered deflected. I see a couple in the cyan that are very slightly off but it shouldn't affect anything. Definitely not something that would be covered under warranty. If it's really bugging you, you can try doing a head soak to see if that clears it up. At the end of the day it could just be a deformed nozzle from a head strike and those aren't recoverable anyway.

highrolling24

Thank you for all who responded, being self taught on all this sometimes is real tough especially not knowing what is doing what. That makes perfect sense on why I have a few lines not spaced correctly on my cyan because one day I left the office for a little bit and the vinyl got pushed up by the last pinch roller and I was getting a head strike and I guess it was after that is when I started getting the bad test print. I am glad you say that it shouldn't affect my print which it does not seem to I was a little worried that it might. Anyway Thank You again you guys and gals are a huge help.

dudeinthemoon

Just don't forget to soak the head surface in the cleaning liquid every day before power the printer off, 15 minutes will be enough