• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How to crop letters out of a picture? so to speak...

BaxSign

Hi, Newbie to corel12
How can I put the picture inside my bold letters...
after I import the picture then type in the bold letters on top of the picture is there a way to bring the picture visible inside the letters & get
rid of the outer?
Thanks so much.
:thankyou:

Blackberry Jam

Another workaround

You may be wanting to "Powerclip" the image--- select the image (can be just about anything, jpg, bmp, tiff, vector images, type, multiple images, etc....) under "Effects", choose "Powerclip", "Place inside container" then select what you want it placed in-- in your case, the text. You can then edit the text (or whatever you are using for the container) and the image is left inside. There are other editing features in the "Powerclip" that are worth experimenting with.

Rhinoz

Blackberry Jam said:
You may be wanting to "Powerclip" the image--- select the image (can be just about anything, jpg, bmp, tiff, vector images, type, multiple images, etc....) under "Effects", choose "Powerclip", "Place inside container" then select what you want it placed in-- in your case, the text. You can then edit the text (or whatever you are using for the container) and the image is left inside. There are other editing features in the "Powerclip" that are worth experimenting with.

Now that is slick!

2NinerNiner2

...and experiment with the 'extract contents' and 'edit contents' as well...Powerclip is a very handy tool to know about :)

Craig Sjoquist

I have coreldraw X3 it has whats called ..... object manager located ...tools> dockers > object manager then you can drag one layer on top of other you may have it ...if I remember you will have to use a command ...convert to curves... both text and picture in order to custom adjust and clean .....hope someone else answers ..cause I'm going on what I've been reading and remembering not done yet lol just learning here ....THANK YOU & ENJOY LIFE

BaxSign

THANKS!!
Blackberry and all of you!!! for I tried it and its GREAT! ....Man! This is COOL!!!! My eyes are opened to a new beginning! I can work with this!

Si Allen

Like This???

Attachments

• AllenSigns.jpg
    AllenSigns.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 209

Flame

OMW.... thank you guys! I have used Corel for years, and honestly never knew what that powerclip tool did. Never really cared but have wondered how you put an image into text or a shape. I always just used Flexi or Illustrator for that.

That just totally made my day! See what I get for never taking a class for Corel?

2NinerNiner2

One of my favourite 'training methods' is to just take my time and go through each and every tool and menu item in a new program and experiment with what it does and make a few notes to interesting ones and how they could be used in context.

BaxSign

Great Idea 2992, I will definately do that!
Thanks so much!. I tried the "extract" & "edit" contents and am getting the hang of this.

geedub

if u were using illustrator, just for anyone's future reference....

get the text how you like it, create outlines on the text, ungroup, make - compound path, make sure your text is on top of your picture, click both of them (text and picture), right click - make clipping mask

vid

Tip

I've found the Powerclip to be one of the handiest tools in CorelDraw. The default setting for the Powerclip "Auto Centers" the the image being Powerclipped, which may not always be the desired result.

To change that, go to tools>options>workspace>edit. Uncheck the box that reads "Auto-Center New Powerclip Contents" (thanks learned the hard way from a post 3/31/06 when I asked the question).

For those not familiar with the Powercilp, it's a great tool to use to adjust photos or scans to scale.

Simply draw a rectangle to the extremes of a known measurement ---for example, using a photo of a building front, one knows(assumes) a standard glass door window is 30-1/2" wide. Draw a rectangle on the image that meets the edges of the door glass window and Powerclip it. Enlarge the Powerclip rectangle to 30-1/2" wide (Constrained Proportions) > Extract Powerclip. The rest of the image is now in scale to the plane of the door.

Hope that makes sense... For me, the Powerclip the best thing since 7 grain. low carb, bread.

BaxSign

Cool! Thanks for your input VID, Im gonna try to print these here posts so I can refer to them at my work area.
Keep em comin guys!
Thanks!

Raniece

Never would have even crossed my mind to do that vid, thanks for the tip.
I now too love this little powerclip button..