• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How To Cut Aluminum Composite Material

This is what we use now. No mess, no sharp edges.
1c3141a5bdbc479d744b2791070997e11f39a50e_Excalibur_3000.jpg
Will this cut 6mm as well or is that too thick?

Chuck B

Riff Meister
About the edges...I used sand paper for years (80 grit, 120 grit....I tried them all). After the first few swipes the sandpaper is already dead. Recently started using a file and it has been a game changer---much faster and the file doesn't wear out. On the side that will receive the print, I'll lastly run over it with 220 grit paper to create a wonderfully smooth edge for trimming the bleed.

somcalmetim

I have been using an electric or air powered hand held metal shear for thinner acp...works good on 2mm but gets hard with 3mm...
no dust but it trims 1/8" strip out of middle as it goes...makes a nice crimped edge tho with no dust...can run it down a clamped edge for straight cuts or even do simple round curves...
I hate using a saw on acp...always hard to finish the edges in a way you can be proud of up close.