• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

how to do small lettering??

customer is doing plane interiors and need custom labels but wanting individual letters.
We've done some in silk screen but hes wanting something different..

Attachments

• plane interior.jpg
    plane interior.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 91
J

john1

print on clear with a machine that can print white as a base then color on top.

they don't want that, Customer said he's seen it before, like the cut vinyl but small clean letters...I was thinking maybe some kind of silk screen transfer..

d fleming

Cut it, don't weed it, transfer tape it. Customer applies and then weeds off of wall or door. Better yet, customer applies unweeded, weeds in reverse, then paints letters on so the first kid in the potty doesn't scrape it off.

Malkin

3M Electrocut vinyl (cast, with clear plastic liner) is pretty good for small intricate plotting.

J

john1

Gotta work smarter not harder. Tell him the options and if he doesn't like them then send him off. Wouldn't waste my time weeding these out of cut vinyl.

AwardImage

OMG!
You guys are awesome with the experienced ideas (weeding from the substrate)

Also, I was going to post that you need to replace your cutter strip, before you "dial in" a finesse job like that.

Offspin thought: I'm going to cut my logo for a return address sticker for some job farming letters... the next time I swap cutter strips.

ironchef

What size are the letters? I can easily weed halfinch letters when i slow the plotter down, mayne even quarter inch., if i take my time. I use a graphtec fc8000-75

CES020

I have a product for the laser that'll work just fine, I think.

It's about .005" thick, got adhesive on the back, and it's stiff, not flexible like vinyl. Send me the file and I'll cut it for you for free to see if it works. You'd have nice, individual letters with a strong adhesive on the back (not that that matters, since it's not but so much surface area on a 1/8" tall letter anyway).

PM me and I'll get you my contact info.

I've got some white I use all the time for different applications. I cut through it, leaving the release liner in tact. All you'd have to do is put transfer tape on it and you should be set.

CES020

Just ran a quick test, here's the result.

Attachments

• Small.JPG
    Small.JPG
    108.8 KB · Views: 104
  • Small2.JPG
    Small2.JPG
    88 KB · Views: 95

royster13

So how long will those little bits stay stuck?...This seems to be the wrong way to do it if they expect them to last.....Looks like a pad printing job....

Custom_Grafx

How big is the piece? Will it fit into a laser etching machine? Etch it, paint fill it. OR, use a direct printing method of your choice.

Do NOT stick on individual letters that size... especially for a good client....