• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How to get it through a clients head that their artwork is useless!!!!!!

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
No complaints here but it does get funny at times.
We do a lot of work for the dealers here and about this time the local government is clearing out their budgets by purchasing new vehicles.
Seems like each department has their own "special" official logo - made sometime in the early 90's with the powerhouse "Microsoft Office" graphics suite.
The person who "designed" the logo has either retired or died and the only copy they have was scanned off the letterhead of last remaining hard copy on file.
I get a 21k jpg of the logo and tell them it is a little small and blurry to resize to fit the side of their truck, got anything better?
No problem! They have much larger one and then send me a 36k jpg.
Pick it up tomorrow.
Next........

wayne k
guam usa

brycesteiner

Interesting thread.

I had someone this week do the same thing to me, except it was wasn't for large format printing it was to be a 2 column picture in our newspaper we print. The image was advertising a theatre performance yet the text in this jpg was so bad, even at 3.33" wide, the text was not readable. The jpeg compression was terrible.

I don't understand people. They want to impress people with their graphics and then send it from their phone they found on google. Of course, to save cell data, they send it "small".

I also had another customer call me up this morning asking me to send my files over in a format they could edit for an advertisement, such as "microsoft." "Uh, no. You would have to get Indesign since that is the software we use." I had to explain what that was. They think they may go buy it. The cost may be prohibitive. I said the bigger issue might be training. The programs are pretty intense, but can do a lot.

That scared them. They didn't want to invest the time if it was much different than Word or Excel.

AF

I just tell people their jpg mini-image will look like Minecraft when printed large and they seem to understand with no further explanation. Then I tell them that a professional vector file will look like a Retina display when printed large and they seem to understand with no further explanation. So they have a choice of Minecraft or Retina, and no tech jargon geek-speak was required.

2B

I just tell people their jpg mini-image will look like Minecraft when printed large and they seem to understand with no further explanation. Then I tell them that a professional vector file will look like a Retina display when printed large and they seem to understand with no further explanation. So they have a choice of Minecraft or Retina, and no tech jargon geek-speak was required.

:rock-n-roll::goodpost: those are excellent examples,

visual800

Just tell the customers it will look like hell. if they demand it will be fine ask for all money up front and print the damn thing! I do not talk till I am blue in the face anymore, Im sick and tired of it. They will question why the money up front and then you can say "When you see the end result you are not going to want to pay me and it will all be MY fault"

AF

Lovely. The post above says I dislike it but I didn't click dislike. No way to remove the misclick.