• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How to make a push-pull sticker

Drip Dry

I need to make a double sided "push-pull" decal for a glass door

Can anyone give me a lesson

I need for it to say push on one side and pull on the other.

What I do know.... I need to start with clear. I will print "push" in mirror. This is where it gets fuzzy.
I then need to print a coating of white to cover the one side. Then I need to print "pull" on top of the white
just not sure of the sequence or even where these tools are.

I'm using Composer 2.5

Can anyone help
Thanks

TXFB.INS

we use a Roland Eco Sol printer but the process is the same

start with clear, imprint mirrored image, apply white vinyl to the clear (you can either apply it and then print or print and then apply) we usually apply and then print then contour cut the decals

for a MUCH MUCH easier process, make to stickers and apply to each side of the glass

jfiscus

Rap Master
In Composer: Make 2 identical sized print/Cut art pieces (one for each side)
Hit Home on your Edge. Reverse print on Imagecast Clear with registration mark. Laminate with 220/225 white vinyl. Hit home. Load vinyl back on the same way on the sprockets. Print the other side. Laminate with regular lam, do a test cut & cut the decal.

Edit: You MIGHT be able to do it as two separate files all set up as overprints with a flood coat white, but I would think that it would be just as hard...

Marlene

not sure of your colors so just change them

on clear print push (or pull) in reverse in white, flood coat it with black then print pull in white

Drip Dry

not sure of your colors so just change them

on clear print push (or pull) in reverse in white, flood coat it with black then print pull in white

Marlene, Can you explain a little.

I print in reverse... how do I flood coat it. I'm using composer 2.5 and don't see a flood coat option.
Are these 3 steps an all in one operation or seperate steps

GB2

Old Member
When I do these I will usually do the reverse print, then flood coat White, then flood coat Black or Silver, then flood coat White again, then do the print for the right reading side. The reason is to cut down as much as possible on the translucent nature of the decal when done this way. The White/Black/White flood coats are acting as a block out layer to limit what you can see through the decal. The flood coats can be applied in the print setup in the Plot screen or you can manually put them in your artwork setup.

scott pagan

when i run this type decal i make 2 separate files, one for the mirrored print (reverse reading, printed in reverse order dark to light) and one file for top print (right reading, printed in normal light to dark). if printing 4color process it may not matter the CMYK print sequence as much as spot colors do, but i still would switch print order. on the 1st file i create an overprint solid fill as top layer in omega so after the print is done a "flood coat" prints over the graphic for the light blocker between prints and become the 2nd file base coat. some folks use a white/black/white blocker-base, but i have been lucky to have a single (or sometimes double hit) white be enough. remember to use the home key to start at same start point so they will align properly.

good luck!

Drip Dry

when i run this type decal i make 2 separate files, one for the mirrored print (reverse reading, printed in reverse order dark to light) and one file for top print (right reading, printed in normal light to dark). if printing 4color process it may not matter the CMYK print sequence as much as spot colors do, but i still would switch print order. on the 1st file i create an overprint solid fill as top layer in omega so after the print is done a "flood coat" prints over the graphic for the light blocker between prints and become the 2nd file base coat. some folks use a white/black/white blocker-base, but i have been lucky to have a single (or sometimes double hit) white be enough. remember to use the home key to start at same start point so they will align properly.

good luck!

Ok, I managed to make the decal after quite a few trial and errors. Probably didn't charge enough, but it was a learning experience. Problem is, I probably won't need to ever do another.
How I did it... I designed 3 files, One says push in reverse, another that says pull in right reading, and a 3rd that was my blocker. I loaded clear vinyl after pressing the home button and marked where the vinyl was in the sprockets. I printed the reverse on clear. Next step was to reload the vinyl in the original position and then print the middle blocker. Again I reloaded the vinyl and finally printed the right reading image. I had problems with the image showing through so after experimenting with double hits of white blocker, I eventually double hit the white and then sent a single black and finally another double hit of white. Like I said, the job was a loser

And then I watched this video. Hielorojo... Where were you a couple of days ago

I'm done with the job, but I'm going back to test out this video
I think it will make it alot easier

Thanks

Stefan

I'd like to add to this thread, that if you want doublesided stickers that you can't see through, you may have to add more colors. From experience, and if you want to keep the white 'white', this is how we have to go about this depending on what demands the customer have:

1. Backside print
2. Arctic white
3. Silver
4. Black
5. Silver
6. Arctic white
7. Frontside print

A cheaper alternative, that's ok for the most part:

1. Backside print
2. Arctic white (doubleprint)
3. Frontside print

Just need to experiement depending on needs.