• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How to make this contemporary?

TimToad

She said that has to be a part of it, she doesn't want to get rid of it.

And people wonder why only a minority of businesses succeed beyond their first five years. for food related businesses its even fewer.

When Americans have been polled about their religious belief systems for the last 10+ years, the number one answer is: None Of The Above.

I go out of my way to NOT patronize businesses who wear it on their sleeve. I'm not alone.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
And people wonder why only a minority of businesses succeed beyond their first five years. for food related businesses its even fewer.

When Americans have been polled about their religious belief systems for the last 10+ years, the number one answer is: None Of The Above.

I go out of my way to NOT patronize businesses who wear it on their sleeve. I'm not alone.

I dunno - the few times I go out to eat I base my choice on the quality of the food and service.
Religious beliefs or sexual orientation are not really part of the evaluation.

SignsSupport

Support & Tech Administrator
Too many elements for a logo design IMO.
Taking the clients wants into mind though - I'd tend to do something like the following:

order-up.png

order-up2.png

It's a couple quick mockups but could likely be revised for a more clean, contemporary look, perhaps using the entire outlined fish in the text logo.
HTH as for design concept anyway...

SignsSupport

Last edited:

JTBoh

I sell signage and signage accessories.
Oh, cool, free design work.

I have a multinational corporation wanting a blue logo that represents their ethos, can someone help me?

I promise not to sell it for $65000.

SignsSupport

Gonna be a tough decision....

Oh, cool, free design work.

I have a multinational corporation wanting a blue logo that represents their ethos, can someone help me?

Oh. For the "I LOL'd!" post rating....
The thanks for merely trying to help, when in truth there was absolutely nothing else to do ((sigh...))
I suppose it'd be a different story had someone stuck out the "I'm hiring. Need Help Emmedaitley!!" sign. :confused:

SignsSupport

Edited to add:
Oh no. Bully if you don't.
Now share the profits ;):po_O

SignsSupport

Thank you for the helpful advice. The yellow/red they will not move away from, they are dead set on those colors.
Oh! I meant also to quote the above post.

At the end of the day - I hope you provided these potential clients with concept(s) of not only a logo design - but also upsold an entire branding packaging, including website design, comparable social media image packages, a slew of tagline revisions and basically an entire package meant to make them money after such a $$$$$ investment! Perhaps you've offered them a set of printed menus as a pro-bono? Who knows. But there's potential to be made. Obviously the client isn't quite sure what he/she wants. So it becomes your job as the creative personality to show them ideas. If they don't purchase those ideas - then what did it cost you? 10-20 minutes being creative when you could otherwise have been twiddling your thumbs?... No loss.

HTH,

SignsSupport

SignsSupport

That said, your bottom logo reads as "RDER". The top one has just too many elements to be easily readable. At first glance I see the fish first, and if it wasn't for the conversation about the "bell" I might not understand what that shape is.... looks kind of like a hamburger or one of those fancy dinner places with a big steel cover over it. "Mobile Food Cart" is too stretched, thin stroke and runs too far to the edges.

If you look at VIsual800's it's very clear the first thing you read is Order Up! It's not confusing and it's simple.

Just some helpful tips from a guy that doesn't do logos.
Thanks for the critique. I'm sure you meant it not to be a slight..
Whatever the case may be - as I stated = It's a quick couple of mockups. Just to give a bit of inspiration, which I note that you haven't done.
Instead - what you've done - is you've taken the time out of your very special little day in order to insult not only another member - but myself as well.
Congratulations. ((sigh...))

SignsSupport

JTBoh

I sell signage and signage accessories.
figured I'd throw a hat in

Attachments

• bell.JPG
    bell.JPG
    23.5 KB · Views: 269

SignsSupport

Can we get back on topic?
I most certainly hope so!

Anyway - best of luck with the logo design. I hope other members will share possible ideas as well. I know when I'm in a slump - I appreciate when others chime in with helpful advise/suggestions. So hopefully we'll see that instead of the miscellaneous and not-on-topic-AT-ALL, chitter-chatter.

SignsSupport

Marlene

The best idea for this would be to out source the design as the OP was up front that design is not a forte. The chances of the OP gaining design skills in this thread are pretty slim. We can beat this to death with ideas but pretty much it would be designing this for the OP for free. Design threads usually are just in need of tweaks, font and color changes to improve. We have nothing to work with here except the name and a fish so that means designing the entire thing, not suggesting ideas to fix it. When people chime in it is helpful as trained sets of eyes on a design are a huge help. This is not the case with this design. No color change or font suggestions will help it. The best advice is to be OK with design not being your thing and getting it done by someone else. The customer will be happy and the OP will have a sale.

ams

I do appreciate the fresh ideas, but the customer is picky and by her description is how she wants it tweaked.

SignsSupport

The best idea for this would be to out source the design as the OP was up front that design is not a forte. The chances of the OP gaining design skills in this thread are pretty slim. We can beat this to death with ideas but pretty much it would be designing this for the OP for free. Design threads usually are just in need of tweaks, font and color changes to improve. We have nothing to work with here except the name and a fish so that means designing the entire thing, not suggesting ideas to fix it. When people chime in it is helpful as trained sets of eyes on a design are a huge help. This is not the case with this design. No color change or font suggestions will help it. The best advice is to be OK with design not being your thing and getting it done by someone else. The customer will be happy and the OP will have a sale.
Sage advise. No doubt.
If someone would have told me that several years ago - I'd never have dared design anything for myself. Design wasn't my forte. I couldn't design myself out of a hat box. And while I'm not the greatest designer, I've done some really great things that I'm proud of. It was a forum similar to this one where I first reached out for advise and suggestions on bettering my own website's first logo design concept. That initial reluctance in asking for help actually inspired me to build a bit of a business actually. It inspired confidence.

I'm just saying that sometimes a little bit better than drive-by post-shooting is called for.

I do appreciate the fresh ideas, but the customer is picky and by her description is how she wants it tweaked.
Thing about it is that you have to enunciate to her that you RECOGNIZE that she is the boss. Her dime. Her call.
But simultaneously you have to offer her some semblance of what others have said in this thread: that her logo idea needs more than a tweak - but a re-think.
I'd suggest that you find some way to tell her that the idea is complicated; you don't put the entire kitchen sink (with fish bones intact - bad joke) in a logo.

Otherwise you might commission a designer for the task and take a handsome commission for the pleasure ;)

SignsSupport