• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How to manually remove air form ink tube from Roland Versa Camm Vs-540 ?

schilderpixner

Hi everybody,

Does enyone how to remove manually air for Roland Versa Camm VS-540 ink tube ?
I change the dumpers and lloks like black and Magenta doesn't fire..

Thank you very much

CS-SignSupply

Until you pop the valve and side of the damper to then fill the damper chamber of the head with ink and ruin the head, if not more ...

There are proper ways of doing this but I would recommend a service tech help or perform the following...

Verify ink in all cartridges - Clean or replace captop assembly with new OEM part - perform Choke Clean

Doing it on your own and you risk the $2500 printhead plus other parts? Pay a tech to clear out the air for what, $250-$500 depending on drive time/labor rate/etc....

mfa53

Should be videos on YouTube of pulling ink with a syringe. Doesn't have to be your exact printer. Just do not pull too fast as that can damage the head so pull slowly.
I searched for hours yesterday but couldn't find it, so sorry. Maybe I'm searching in the wrong way, I wouldn't have written to this friend if I could find it, I'm so sorry :(

netsol

the process is remarkably like bleeding brakes. find the right adapter, hook up either to the drain line (going into waste tank) or, more realistically, to the hose coming off of each captop
pull SLOWLY (not wasting ink or damaging the internals of the printhead)
much like bleeding brakes, you will reach the point there is no air in the line

i really love the tapered syringes solventinkjet.com sells, but, when you reach the end of travel, the ink will tend to backflow
you should certainly order at least one of the tapered syringes, it will come in handy in the future, just not for this job, i think