• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

how to run jv5 with lower resolution or less pass

Ahmet

Hi Guys,
I have two mimaki jv5 printers modified by ms italy and they are working perfectly. I am using matchprint as a rip software. Because I am printing on fabrics, sometimes I don't need to run my machine with high resolution. As you know minimum resolution for 8 color is 720x540 6 pass. Is there any way to go lower resolution like 360x360 or even with 720x540 resolution 4 pass??

thewood

I think the available resolutions and pass counts are determined by the profile. You should be able to create your own profile with the desired res, etc.

TheSnowman

I can change the passes no problem, but I'm in Onyx. I just right click on the job, go to edit, and then it's all there under the 720 settings.

hozgur

High Speed RIP option for Mimaki JV5

Hi Guys,
I have two mimaki jv5 printers modified by ms italy and they are working perfectly. I am using matchprint as a rip software. Because I am printing on fabrics, sometimes I don't need to run my machine with high resolution. As you know minimum resolution for 8 color is 720x540 6 pass. Is there any way to go lower resolution like 360x360 or even with 720x540 resolution 4 pass??

Hello Ahmet,

We had same experiences like you and we added high speed option to our Miracle RIP.
So you can print 540 x 720 DPI 4 Pass with 8 Colors or
720 x 720 DPI 4 Pass with 8 colors.

You can visit our web site. www.ait.com.tr for detailed information and for communication

Rooster

Hi Guys,

If you're printing on fabrics do you need the 8 color set-up? I would think that the fabric texture would be far more apparent than the dot structure on a Dual CMYK machine.