• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How to screen print this

Stacey K

I like making signs
White ink on black shirt OR should I do a full color transfer? If I screen print this, how on earth do I do the photo?

* Yes, I understand the design is not complete ---- I need input on the photo, not the rest of it. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• Tshirt.jpg
    Tshirt.jpg
    552.3 KB · Views: 283

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
White ink on black shirt OR should I do a full color transfer? If I screen print this, how on earth do I do the photo?

* Yes, I understand the design is not complete ---- I need input on the photo, not the rest of it. Thanks in advance!
Just pull out the black? I really don't know, it's been ages since I've had to design T-shirts for screen printing.

Johnny Best

Do you have someone who can make positives for you. It is a fairly easy process once you get that.
If no one is local maybe Firesprint could do it for you or give you an idea who could help you.

Stacey K

I like making signs
I only do screen print transfers so I think I might email them directly. It started out as an easy project and "they had vector art" - well...they don't and the photo is crappy too. The good thing is the event isn't until April so I have some time to make sure I get this figured out correctly!

2B - thanks for the video, he is very good at explaining things and his halftones looks great! I'm going to play around with this and follow his directions.

mfatty500

I don't use mine at all, my white prints with a blue hue to it. Uninet is about worthless, they told me to buy a new drum, I did, the resul;ts were the same. But I vowed to start using it to get rid of the white toner, but that can take a while. I think it's pretty Horse---t that they don't offer the training when you buy i t. Just roll the cost of the class into the damn price of the machine..

Stacey K

I like making signs
I don't use mine at all, my white prints with a blue hue to it. Uninet is about worthless, they told me to buy a new drum, I did, the resul;ts were the same. But I vowed to start using it to get rid of the white toner, but that can take a while. I think it's pretty Horse---t that they don't offer the training when you buy i t. Just roll the cost of the class into the damn price of the machine..
I completely agree!!!

VizualVoice

I just learned how to change my title status

I use pretty much the same method as the guy in the video. This image would be relatively easy to make a positive for in photoshop IMHO. This presumes you don't have a RIP to generate the halftone. Once you've done the work to get the photo halftone, open the original back up and copy a layer over with the circles and text (or just redraw it, LOL)

I generally do 65 lines at 23.5° in an ellipse shape. Play around until you get settings that work for you, this works for me on a 230 mesh for most images. Just remember that you're working in reverse, where you have black on the positive is where your white ink will print.

VizualVoice

Stacey open up this PDF in photoshop. As is it shows what the output should look like on the shirt. If you hide the black background layer and turn off the white color overlay on the other two layers, it should be ready to output for your positive (presuming the line and angle work for you for your screen.) If it doesn't work and you want it modified LMK. It literally takes me about 3 minutes to do this and happy to help. :cool:

VizualVoice

Nope still didn't work. Bounce me a message with your email and I'll send it over. it's 11MB so probably too big for posting.

Stacey K

I like making signs
I'll have to try this, it's definitely NOT something I usually do. My apparel business is mostly 1-2 color easy stuff. I told the guy we can do it in color and I'll get the transfers from Supacolor. I reset all the other stuff so we can make it white circle/words ink and the photo in color. I was stuck and time is running out for this project. Cost a bit more for the transfers but it's for a benefit so each customer is paying separately at my price then he added $5 to each shirt and hoodie that will go the benefit.

At any rate, I need to know how to do this so I'll try your advice, thank you very much!!!!

VizualVoice

I'll have to try this, it's definitely NOT something I usually do. My apparel business is mostly 1-2 color easy stuff. I told the guy we can do it in color and I'll get the transfers from Supacolor. I reset all the other stuff so we can make it white circle/words ink and the photo in color. I was stuck and time is running out for this project. Cost a bit more for the transfers but it's for a benefit so each customer is paying separately at my price then he added $5 to each shirt and hoodie that will go the benefit.

At any rate, I need to know how to do this so I'll try your advice, thank you very much!!!!
if you still want the file so you can look at it later you're welcome to it, just give me a way to get it to ya