• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help How to switch XC 540 from 6 color to 4 color CMKY mode?

Boyanski

Hi,
how i do that? from 6 color to 4 color mode? I don't print much and the 4 color mode will simplify things,
Apart from that i started last year to use cheap inks so it will be much easier to color profile it, or at least that's what i think, as i have problems with colors. Mainly because i did not flush just added. But now have to flush all inks and seems it will be cheaper to do it 4 colors

hybriddesign

owner Hybrid Design
Hi, as far as I know you can’t. On some machines if the 4 and 6 color machines share the same circuit boards you might be able to do it but I don’t think the XC does. I owned both the 4 color vp540 as sell as the XC and I don’t remember it being possible.

I’d replace all your cap tops and that will prob help with clogs

netsol

If hybrid design is correct, you may need to use flexi 21 & create. Custom ink set (i was interested when frank w mentioned this feature a few weeks ago)

You may be causing more problems or complications than you are curing

Plotter-FIX

We already Transfer many xc grom cmyklclm to CMYK.
First of all you can do IT and hold the LC lm heads.
When i remember right you just go to
Service Mode - and somewhere od "Change ink Type" CMYK.
I think there are profiles in the Roland Download Center for CMYK.
Must be because there is an Option to Change to CMYK.
We się that Always do save two heads to awake a Roland SP to live again for example.

Get the maintanance Manual, IT IS pretty easy...

netsol

Be sure to leave cleaning cartridge in place on 2 channels, if not in use
Bulk cart full of flush or whatever

jason91

We already Transfer many xc grom cmyklclm to CMYK.
First of all you can do IT and hold the LC lm heads.
When i remember right you just go to
Service Mode - and somewhere od "Change ink Type" CMYK.
I think there are profiles in the Roland Download Center for CMYK.
Must be because there is an Option to Change to CMYK.
We się that Always do save two heads to awake a Roland SP to live again for example.

Get the maintanance Manual, IT IS pretty easy...
In the ink type set these are the options MAX cm, MAX 2MC, MAX3 cm, MAX3MC2, Unknown, Pig cm....there is no CMYK only??? ideas