• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How to use OPOS w/ Epson Printer

solemn_art

We have recently acquired an Epson GS6000 printer w/ colorburst RIP software and have been using a Summa S160 Cutter for the last year or so.
I would like to use the opos eye on the Summa to die cut our prints, however, I am rather (as in completely) inexperienced with this process. We have purchased an upgrade from colorburst to use w/ our Summa but I don't know how to make the equipment work together.
If anyone could provide some basic steps (contour cutting for dummies, if you will) from artwork creation to contour cutting it would be greatly appreciated. Even the process using similar, if not the same, software would likely help me to understand what I am missing in this process.
Thank you & kind regards:ROFLMAO:

Jim Doggett

Use WinPlot (free download from Summa). It auto-recognizes the reg-marks if they're 3mm square, on all four corners, and outside of the live area (about 5 mms beyond the outer contour, which WinPlot assumes is the cut line).

First time it'll take a couple extra minutes ... after that, a piece of cake. Call me if you have questions: 903.771.4849

Best,

Jim