• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How to wrap HHR door handles

ddubia

I'm having a heck of a time approaching this partial HHR wrap because of the door handles. It is a 4 door. I'm reprinting a section for the left rear door now because I just slapped the vinyl on the whole side and struggled so much with the door handle that I got unacceptable wrinkles in it. No problem with the rest but haven't wrapped around the the front handle yet.

All the texts are separate. The bumpers are not to be wrapped.

If anyone has any idea of how to approach this problem I'd really appreciate it.

Attachments

• red xxx.jpg
    red xxx.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 135
Last edited by a moderator:

ddubia

I got it.

The handles come off really easily. Half remove one screw/bolt with either an allen wrench or a 7mm socket. Then hold the handle part-way out while pushing out on a white spring loaded lever that seems to be locking it in and simultaneously moving the handle to the left, toward the back of the door and the handle comes off slick as that.

Now I'll wrap it without the handles and wrap the handles separately on the bench. It'll be sweet!

This is my first wrap btw. It's a partial and has gone well except the handles issue and now that's solved.

WB

I print extra small section where the handles are. that way you have complete pieve of vinyl to work with and your not worried about cutting in to far or over streching. I use the large wrap to do in under the handle and then the smaller extra piece to the the handle itself..

ddubia

As WB said that's what I did.

It went well after I figured out taking the handles off was the way to go.

I'll post some pics here when it's all cleaned up.

ddubia

Here's a pic of the wrap on the handle. Not so bad once I got a little advice from here.

I really don't wish to be a thread-starting machine but since this is our first wrap (partial) I'm posting pics of the job in a new thread.

Attachments

• handle.jpg
    handle.jpg
    184.4 KB · Views: 109

WhiteWrapper

Good work. I always just cut them out. HHRs I've done are for businesses, not show cars. Rings tear up the handle bowl.