• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How we clean screens at FireSprint

ddarlak

Go Bills!
AHHHHH....I remember doing this back in the late 80 early 90's....

I'm glad I don't screen print anymore....

just tossed three squeegee's and a roll of silk yesterday....officially done!

Johnny Best

He did a great job cleaning that screen!
Do not miss the silkscreaming days. Still, have some Neuman Roller and Diamond Chase frames and some squeegees but like ddarlak they will be leaving soon and not be missed.

Bigdawg

Just Me
Nope... don't miss those screenprinting days at all! I ran across some old breakout spray the other day when I was going through stuff from the business... pretty sure it's a banned substance now-a-days

Baz

I actually miss the smell of that liquid film!
I screen printed from late 80s to early 2000s.
Mostly on coroplast and MDO (using enamel ink and paper cut stencils)

Always got a kick out of washing away the film and getting a nice new screen ready for a new design...

Don't miss working 12 hours shifts in the basement just printing and washing with lacquer thinner though.

gabagoo

I can walk into my screen printers place for 2 minutes and the rest of the day I can smell that ink on my clothes....and I guess everywhere else.

CrabbyOldGuy

Worked in screenprinting for 40 years or better. Still have a high tolerance for solvents and cleaners. We mostly were steel andaluminum printers. Milder solvents than vinyls or plastics. Cleaning screens is always the worst job. Sloppy and dirty. Glad to be out of it.

ChicagoGraphics

That's the easy part of cleaning the screens, the part I miss doing was using a gallon + of laquer or xyol per screen, large screens with no resperator or gloves, oh thoes were the days.