• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How would I go about reinforcing DiBond?

pixeltim

A customer ordered some signs on dibond and specified the holes to be used. I assumed they were being bolted to a bracket, as they really should be, but no, they are hanging them with clips. I'm showing what they are doing on the pictures, one of them is torn almost all the way through, the did an angle aluminum to reinforce another one. Is there a better solution?

Thanks!

Dibond IMG_4586.jpg

pixeltim

Thanks for the replies! I think I'll give grommets a try this time around!

Can I use the standard grommets I use for banners or do I need to search for deeper ones?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
There was a double post there. I deleted one and the other remained. Guess you are just on top of what I'm doing once again. Good catch there, nimble one.

I had originally asked:
  • What size is the sign ??
  • What's it hooked onto ??
  • Is it dangling from anything else like cord, chains or wha..... ??
  • Why is it one-sided ??
These questions can help figure out a better hanging/mounting method. Well, the answers to them

Does that suit ya signagge ?? C'mon man.... keep it real, man.​

pixeltim

There was a double post there. I deleted one and the other remained. Guess you are just on top of what I'm doing once again. Good catch there, nimble one.

I had originally asked:
  • What size is the sign ??
  • What's it hooked onto ??
  • Is it dangling from anything else like cord, chains or wha..... ??
  • Why is it one-sided ??
These questions can help figure out a better hanging/mounting method. Well, the answers to them

Does that suit ya signagge ?? C'mon man.... keep it real, man.​
Oh, it's two sided, about 2' x 10' long and they have it hanging from metal loops that those clips go through. I can't imagine a worse way to hang it, but that's what we have to deal with.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Without seeing the entire setup, you need to find a way to put them up and keep them from swinging. The swinging is what's killing them. Most likely a more rigid substrate with solid metal brackets and secure it so it won't move. It'll take some doing, but if the customer wants to be cheap about it, walk away. For insurance reasons, some things are not worth getting involved in.