• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How would you duplicate this Technique/Filter?

Border

I want to look up some tutorials on how to reproduce a similar look as is in the attached image.
Not sure what terms to use in a search for tutorials or tips though. I'm sure part it must be a transparent overlay of some sort at least. the background object looks like it has a gradient fill with inner glow. But how do you get that nice worn/grainy look to be consistent in all the stripes and other stuff.
Or how would go about setting up the grainy, transparent overlay?
Any help or links would be great!

Attachments

• s101.jpg
    s101.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 156

Sites&Signs

That worn (grainy look) looks to me like a just an old paper type image you could get from istock. The faded burst could easily be done with a faded layer mask and some tweaks on the transparency levels.

Border

Thanks,
I messed around for a bit and was able to get pretty close I think.
I like that old worn look! Been wanting to figure out how to do it. So this is my first attempt.

Attachments

• s101.jpg
    s101.jpg
    319.5 KB · Views: 125

luggnut

depends on what software you are using... in photoshop Mr. Retro Distress filters do a good job on things like that. you could use photoshops blending modes to overlay parchment onto different color back grounds.

Artildawn

Doable, but not practical in vector. The amount of time it would take to create a convincing parchment in a vector program wouldn't be worth the effort except in a very extreme use; that being that someone was paying an arm & both legs to get the effect in vector.

signmeup

Corel itself seems to handle basic bitmap functions just fine without Photopaint. I just figured out how to crop a photo in Corel....it's pretty neat that it doesn't have to be square.

I'll see if I can figure it out on my own and post it up. I'm guessing you made a parchment bitmap transparent and put it over the drawing? I bet Joe Diaz knows how to do it.

signage

In Corel

Is this what you are looking for in corel?

Attachments

• parchment example.jpg
    parchment example.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 128