• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hows Business???

Fitch

"Some of these shops are way over priced and I don't have any sympathy for them loosing business. In this day and age you need to lower rates and make up for it with volume. "

It's that gittum in gittum out approach that has killed the industry, full of unskilled designers that have no knowledge of design and are only in it for the money.

Pride in making payments on a machine rather than artistic and creative ability does not make one proud of what they do. Pride is when in 2 years time someone says "that is STILL a fantastic sign, looks as good and relevant as the day it was installed."

I'm with Techman +10

CentralSigns

For me in the Great White North of Canada, business has been the busiest ever, In the first quarter I nearly made as much as all last year. I suspect as our dollar rises against the US dollar though we will slow lots. I've been having trouble with a local Masonic lodge, friggen cult members. One member has threatened me and my family with severe violence from him and his brothers, like the KKK I guess, and I'm not even black. They need to get a handle on him,he is an embarrassment to his organization. He is also a competitor, that needs to learn that you can't threaten and harass people. He also attacks my customers, this looser mentality is the reason for my increased business I suspect. I probably shouldn't have said that but Today again I've had to deal with this BS.

Techman

full of unskilled designers that have no knowledge of design and are only in it for the money.

Not only unskilled designers, but unskilled business owners who have no business running a business with their present business skill levels. In other words, they are merely technicians trying to earn a living and living in level one of incompetence scale. They are not business persons.

Techman

Masonic lodge, friggen cult members.

Very wrong. They are not cult members.

And just because one individual has acted like a moron doesn't mean all the rest are morons.

In fact I would venture a guess that if he has tried to intimidate anyone, and used his membership as a tool to abuse others and included the other members,, those other members would likely sanction him.

CentralSigns

Your right Techman. I just try to be a better person than him most days and that comment was unfair and had no place here. Mason's claim they just take good men and make them better. Just feeling a little like Hiram today with a ruffian on my back.

ddarlak

Go Bills!
i had to work saturday last week, first time i stepped into the shop on a saturday in years.....

i hate working saturdays....

Zambookajoe

pretty busy here, but all small jobs, just tons of it, One good contract with a big corporation but it doesnt pay good, average I guess.

Cant wait to go fishing!!