• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP 115 Power Question

bigkahuna_305

Sorry for the questions would really like to know if i should even continue to try to buy one lol. do these things need 2 220 outlets? Jesus my eco runs with 1 110V lol my house is a rental and cant add outlets. Help me so i dont waste money we really want to move away from eco solvant

ikarasu

You need 2 220v outlets.

You can run 1 20 amp 220v to wherever you need, and split it into two outlets... But you need 220 and can't use 120.

ikarasu

You'd need to plug it into 2 outlets that are on different breakers... Depending on your house that could mean 100 ft apart from eachother, or 10.

I don't know enough about electrical to say whether that's safe or not. Theoretically it works, but will it burn your house down or be clean enough power?

But if it does work... you'll likely be using your breakers Max load. So if you plug it into your living room and kitchen... You won't be able to run anything else or you'll trip the breaker.

The latex are very finicky on power... I tried to use a step up before and it kept giving errors. It would turn on, but half the time it wouldn't print. Run a 220 from your panel to wherever your printer is... Use some conduit and you'll only be drilling a small hole between each room you need to go to. Use an external box and then when you move out, you'll only need to patch a couple holes. That'd be the best way to do it.

Depending on where you live that may not be up to code... But I'd say it's more up to code than using the uscutter device.

ikarasu

So the 115 needs 16 amps. According to the stats on the device, it can do 16 amps continous... so it should be ok. But again - I'm not an Electrician... I dont know how reliable these are! And a big point you may not realize... you cant plug it into any 2 outlets... It has to be plugged into 2 outlets on a different breaker. So you'll have a 20-30 ft cord running from one room to another room, and most likely both of those rooms wont be able to have anything else plugged into them while the printer is running.

16 amperes, continuous; 20 amperes up to 3 hours; momentary over range to 50 amperes for starting motors and similar demands.

netsol

Saying the hp latex machines are finnicky about power is sugar coating it
Hp takes a simple thing and turns it into an engineering project

YES it needs 2 seperate 20 amp circuits.

Don't take my comments as trying to talk you out of getting the hp, just be realistic about the requirements.
Get an electrician to wire it and PLEASE read the site requirements and use the correct style of breakers.
These machines requirements are very particular, do it right the first time & avoid the problems

bigkahuna_305

Saying the hp latex machines are finnicky about power is sugar coating it
Hp takes a simple thing and turns it into an engineering project

YES it needs 2 seperate 20 amp circuits.

Don't take my comments as trying to talk you out of getting the hp, just be realistic about the requirements.
Get an electrician to wire it and PLEASE read the site requirements and use the correct style of breakers.
These machines requirements are very particular, do it right the first time & avoid the problems
Just so happens my neighbor is a electrician and came over and is going to add a 50 amp outlet at the box then one hole through the wall and run a cable to a box with two outlets so when we move we simply roll it all up and patch the hole. but sounds like alot of electricity so we shall see if its cost effective to run this or stick to eco :(

untitled

So I just went through all this shit when I got my HP 700. The dealer asked for photos of the voltage coming from the outlets as well before they would deliver the printer. The outlets were right at 240v after wiring in new new breakers and outlets. They said I had to get the voltage to 220v on each outlet. Electrician said thats crazy and that the voltage was safe, being residential. The dealer and electrician couldn't provide a way to lower the voltage, they just said it had to be done. After a ton of research and learning all this shit myself I then ended up having to buy these buck/boost transformers to get the voltage down to 220v so they would deliver and install the printer. The electrical wholesaler I contacted didn't even know how to bring the voltage down until they reached out to a couple of their suppliers who suggested the transformers, but the one's they suggested were way overkill and like $1800 each. Once I knew the manufacturer of them I was able to find smaller ones that matched the correct specs and gave the model number to the wholesaler who finally got them in for me. Ended up being like $200 each for the smaller ones.

I don't know if the 115 is the same or not, but I just wanted to give a heads up so you don't run into these same unexpected surprises.

Similar situation as you on my end. House is a rental, only difference is the landlord said do whatever I wanted and even came and helped with the electrical/offered to pay for all the wiring and transformers.

bigkahuna_305

So I just went through all this **** when I got my HP 700. The dealer asked for photos of the voltage coming from the outlets as well before they would deliver the printer. The outlets were right at 240v after wiring in new new breakers and outlets. They said I had to get the voltage to 220v on each outlet. Electrician said thats crazy and that the voltage was safe, being residential. The dealer and electrician couldn't provide a way to lower the voltage, they just said it had to be done. After a ton of research and learning all this **** myself I then ended up having to buy these buck/boost transformers to get the voltage down to 220v so they would deliver and install the printer. The electrical wholesaler I contacted didn't even know how to bring the voltage down until they reached out to a couple of their suppliers who suggested the transformers, but the one's they suggested were way overkill and like $1800 each. Once I knew the manufacturer of them I was able to find smaller ones that matched the correct specs and gave the model number to the wholesaler who finally got them in for me. Ended up being like $200 each for the smaller ones.

I don't know if the 115 is the same or not, but I just wanted to give a heads up so you don't run into these same unexpected surprises.

Similar situation as you on my end. House is a rental, only difference is the landlord said do whatever I wanted and even came and helped with the electrical/offered to pay for all the wiring and transformers.
you are a lucky one and unlucky at the same time. lol thanks for the heads up. this will probably be a deal breaker for us, money is already so small with all these 100 stickers for $9 guys lol dont want to run a power sucking machine

balstestrat

Problem Solver
you are a lucky one and unlucky at the same time. lol thanks for the heads up. this will probably be a deal breaker for us, money is already so small with all these 100 stickers for $9 guys lol dont want to run a power sucking machine
Have you even seen any samples from it? It's not the best machine for small sharp stickers anyways.
Really if you can't add $0.1-0.5/hour on your jobs, how do you even make money? Let it print for an hour, you got what 1000 stickers? Probably more.

It can be run from a single 230V 16A outlet (in europe anyways), just needs two plugs. Altough it's right on the limit so best to have good wiring.
Also it won't run on the maximum load 24/7. It's only when heating up and then goes down a bit. Obviously when it's not printing it's like anything else.

1649658465337.png

bigkahuna_305

Have you even seen any samples from it? It's not the best machine for small sharp stickers anyways.
Really if you can't add $0.1-0.5/hour on your jobs, how do you even make money? Let it print for an hour, you got what 1000 stickers? Probably more.

It can be run from a single 230V 16A outlet (in europe anyways), just needs two plugs. Altough it's right on the limit so best to have good wiring.
Also it won't run on the maximum load 24/7. It's only when heating up and then goes down a bit. Obviously when it's not printing it's like anything else.

View attachment 158868
oh lord even more now i cant get it, 95% of our designs are 3" with small details in them damn it :(

Attachments

• IMG-20220304-WA0003.jpg
    IMG-20220304-WA0003.jpg
    261.7 KB · Views: 113

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
The cost of heads is a wash and I don't think that latex is without odor. You will also have a gigantic heater in your dining area which may cause other comfort issues.

bigkahuna_305

The cost of heads is a wash and I don't think that latex is without odor. You will also have a gigantic heater in your dining area which may cause other comfort issues.
I guess either way there isn't a perfect solution if only our garage was insulated we could turn it into our work space lol but it's a rental so until we buy a place it's what we gotta deal with

Geneva Olson

Expert Storyteller
It might help you to look for a storage facility that has business units. I started my business in a uhaul. I learned the trade and then moved up. The storage unit was $600 a month and electricity was cheap enough. I had electricians run outlets and it was all good.