• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP 25500 - need to print on canvas, suggestions?

ddarlak

Go Bills!
I have about 30 photo's to print on canvas, 2x2's, 2x3's, and 3x4's

I was thinking of using either Neschen's golden gate (fellers, $54" x 164' - $511.99) or Monet canvas (fellers, 54" x 82' $299.99)

any pro's or con's???

thx

dave

ShoNuff

The Doer of Things
We use the HP Satin Canvas and I love it. The colors look brilliant and vibrant. It stretches nicely and holds its stretch better than some others. I use an adjusted HP SATIN CANVAS canned profile in our 25500 and adjust the color saturation's in RIP to help bring out more vibrancy. Low dry heat, low cure (up the cure a few notches when adding saturation).

Do you plan on printing these for framing or for stretching on gallery style stretcher bars? If you plan on stretching, I would suggest adding 3-4 inches to each side of the image to give you ample amount of material for a gallery stretch. I currently handle all my stretching in-house now and found that my methods result in better end products than local framing and stretching houses. I also compared my results to send offs and can tell right away the difference price makes in quality between a 39.99 20x30 from a send off and one of OUR 20x30's printed inhouse on the 25500 + HP Satin, cured and hand stretched by me. So can anyone else that has seen our canvas prints.

I love it.

ProColorGraphics

I have used the HP Satin Canvas too with great results. I also just got a sample roll of some "green" canvas material from a company called Fiber Mark. Their papers have been great, so hopefully this works that way too.

ShoNuff

The Doer of Things
I have used the HP Satin Canvas too with great results. I also just got a sample roll of some "green" canvas material from a company called Fiber Mark. Their papers have been great, so hopefully this works that way too.

how big of sample roll did they provide you? That seems to be the hardest part of these distributors is upping a sample roll. They all talk and tout about how great their product and images on the products are... but then want me to experiment on my dime with 100% buy back incentive and call it a sample. If they have a sample roll - and its "green" material - that would be awesome to get one because I am always seeking more solutions for our "Eco-Friendly" biz label we promote.

GP

Check out these guys - they sent a sample roll of some textiles we were looking into,

Their website is pretty average, but they have some interesting textiles, specifically for latex.

www.fishertextiles.com