• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP 315 struggling with grey tones (light grey is pinkish)

yannb

The problem is caused by the lack of black ink usage in the lighter parts of the output ICC profile. If you can, recalculate the ICC with a black start closer to 0, and more aggressive GCR. Downside: because of there isn't a light black ink, some grain might appear.

petit

try cleaning the heads in "image optimisation" on the 315 menu, also try cleaning caches and old jobs in your software sometime a corrupt job can not allow a new profile to be set on.
make sure that your rip profile is same as printer.

look further on setting media profil and icc on HP training chanels

depps74

I figured out the problem! I went into the service menu and did the Force Drip detection. I wish I had known about this test before. It states in numbers how many nozzles are clogged / not firing. The head for black was missing 65 nozzles. I cleaned it the CB head 5 times and it brought that number way down and prints started looking great.

depps74

You say your printheads are fine but are they? How much usage do you have on them? How old are they?

Other than that you must have the correct profile for the material so the ICC profile is the correct one. Then do a colour calibration on that.

You could also try to clean the line sensor.
I believe I found out the problem, I did a drip nozzle test and discovered the black was clogged. see my recent update... thank you for your help!

TopFliteGraphics

I was having the same issue when I tried printing on General Formulations GF230 with my 315. I tried messing with the magenta values and nothing worked - even dropping down to zero magenta. I remembered that the grays printed fine on Briteline so I took a chance that the media itself was affecting the color. I kept the GF230 loaded and switched the output profile to the Grimco one and it worked perfectly.