• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP 5000ps will not read or recognize all ink cartridges

Famous Ramos

I have a HP 5000ps and recognizes the printheads but won't read or recognize all 6 ink cartridges. The printer has been sitting for 7 months since it did this. Do I need all six cartridges or is this gonna cost me lots of money to fix? thanks.

Famous Ramos

Thanks Bill,
All the cartridges are new but they are expired within a month or two. Does this make a difference on if it is expired not long ago? Thanks. Chris

Billct2

Not sure, I've never had any expire.
I've used the HP forum for a lot of questions I've had and got pretty good responses.

Sign to Go

Have used lightly expired cartridges before in a 5500. No problem whatsoever. I don't think this is your problem. I dunno, I've seen crazy messages from this printer before, maybe reseat all the cartriges or tell the printer you're replacing the cartridge and just plug the same one back in. Reboot does do wonders.

Jim

Dice

We have this happen from time to time on single cartridges, but never all of them. Have you tried the recover procedure?

Have you tried the manual recover? Get a paper towel, wet it in one area slightly, then place the print head on the wet area. You should see the ink bleed through and two fat lines develop. Obviously 1 towel per print head.

Bill Modzel

I've had this happen with one or two cartridges. I generally navigate to the replace cart window. I pull them all out and place them in an ultrasonic cleaner with water and a bit of
dish soap for 30 seconds or so. I carefully dry the contacts and BLOT, not wipe the print heads. Snap them all back in and generally, everything comes up fine and ready to print. I do have trouble with the cyan for some reason and quite often have to pull it one and stick in back in again. Have no idea why but it works.