• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hp 560 or Epson s60600

GetTarps

I know the Epson is fast but I cannot purchase 3rd party inks. If I could, i would buy the Epson.

We run the printers 15 hours a day.

Thank you!

rjssigns

What?

Weird post? Why?

Title: "HP560 or Epson 60600"

Body paragraph: "I know the Epson is fast but I cannot purchase 3rd party inks. If I could, i would buy the Epson."

By stating the above you have effectively eliminated options.

And there are other options for fast printers and cheap ink.
Mutoh and Mimaki make dual head versions.
Mutoh third party ink is right around 50 bucks a liter as I recall.
Mimaki ink is available in 2L bags.

But since you've resigned yourself to buying an HP go up one notch and get the 570. Ink is supplied in 3L boxes. Cost becomes roughly $125 per liter. Dirt cheap for OEM quality and ho headaches.

greysquirrel

I would do 2 s40s before 1 s60...there are more profiles available for the s40 and you have more flexibility with a second unit.
The 570 with bulk ink is a nice option...I have the 560 now....

I personally would not take a new printer and throw third part inks into it. Voids the warranty on anything the ink touches...

jpescobar

The Epson SC-S60600 (CMYK dual printhead) smashes the HP Latex 560 and even the 570 in speed and quality.
My advice when it comes to invest in any printer : Never ever use 3rd party inks unless you want to throw your machines to the trash.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
The Epson SC-S60600 (CMYK dual printhead) smashes the HP Latex 560 and even the 570 in speed and quality.
My advice when it comes to invest in any printer : Never ever use 3rd party inks unless you want to throw your machines to the trash.

Does not smash speed, you still have to outgas your Epson prints.

GWFI

I would do 2 s40s before 1 s60...there are more profiles available for the s40 and you have more flexibility with a second unit.
The 570 with bulk ink is a nice option...I have the 560 now....

I personally would not take a new printer and throw third part inks into it. Voids the warranty on anything the ink touches...

The Magnuson-Moss Warranty Improvement Act prevents manufacturers from voiding warranties for using third party supplies.

Last edited by a moderator:

GWFI

I know the Epson is fast but I cannot purchase 3rd party inks. If I could, i would buy the Epson.

We run the printers 15 hours a day.

Thank you!

Have you checked out domainredacted.com for quality third party inks for HP?

Last edited by a moderator:

jpescobar

Does not smash speed, you still have to outgas your Epson prints.
Outgassing is a "post-print" step and has nothing with print speed.
Honestly I don't care about stories on scratch resistance and outgassing that HP spreads to potential buyers and its customers.
I will always put print quality first then speed and finally versatility. That's why I've chosen Epson instead of HP Latex.

TomK

Outgassing is a "post-print" step and has nothing with print speed.
Honestly I don't care about stories on scratch resistance and outgassing that HP spreads to potential buyers and its customers.
I will always put print quality first then speed and finally versatility. That's why I've chosen Epson instead of HP Latex.
Reminds me of some pretty stupid video that HP latex marketing put out talking about the advantage of them having such a large fixed picoliter droplet size.

jpescobar

HP Latex printers are all about inks and consumables especially printheads.
They don't want to reckognize that there are several issues with their products and they provide huge platforms like community, forum, YouTube videos and tutorials to give solutions to problems they are struggling to fix.
Epson delivers better print quality at 4 passes than HP Latex at 6 or 8 passes despite the Epson printhead has less nozzles than HP (360 DPI per head vs 1200 DPI)
Here comes the genius of a manufacturer : The variable droplet size on the PrecisionCore printhead which is unique in addition to the printhead guard that prevents from crashing and avoid the headstrike problem on the HP Latex.

jpescobar

The variable droplet size isn't unique, mutoh and mimaki also have variable size.
When I said "unique" I meant the PrecisionCore printhead and not the droplet size which is certainly available in many printers brands.
By the way Roland, Mimaki and Mutoh use Epson printheads like the DX5, DX6 and DX7 but the PrecisionCore is exclusively built for Epson printers.

Last edited: