• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP 9000s W/Bulk ink system low ink warning

csc

I use a bulk ink system in my HP 9000s and so far have had problems. When ink gets low I would fill the bottle and recharge the chip. Recently, I decided to see what would happen if I don't recharge the chip. The result was no change at all! Printer still runs good without any adverse effects on the print quality. Just wondering if anyone out there has done the same and if they have had any interruptions in their printing or quality besides the low ink warning that shows up occasionally and I just drag it off the screen.
Thanks

Bill Modzel

Interesting. What brand of inks and bulk system are you using?
Does the price savings seem to be worth the initial expense?

Thanks

csc

Since 2006, right after the warranty expired, I purchased a bulk ink system from cartridge solutions and have been using their inks since then. I am satisfied with the inks.

csc

I use a bulk ink system in my HP 9000s and so far have had problems. When ink gets low I would fill the bottle and recharge the chip. Recently, I decided to see what would happen if I don't recharge the chip. The result was no change at all! Printer still runs good without any adverse effects on the print quality. Just wondering if anyone out there has done the same and if they have had any interruptions in their printing or quality besides the low ink warning that shows up occasionally and I just drag it off the screen.
Thanks