• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hp colorspan 98uvx

UnlimitedBT

Hi guys, newbie here, I am mean newbie to outdoor printing and technically Newbie wanna be as ColorSpan 98UVX we just bought has few problems and Xerox 8264 and 8265 we have for sale don't count as it is our other part of our business. Guys I would like to ask for a reference for a tech in NYC area who can help us with service of this thing.
Thanks in advanced.
Roman.

Asuma01

Best bet is to just call around to local resellers and ask if they have any techs that used to work on colorspan printers. Your other problem is that I dont think they make parts for them anymore.

HulkSmash

Hi guys, newbie here, I am mean newbie to outdoor printing and technically Newbie wanna be as ColorSpan 98UVX we just bought has few problems and Xerox 8264 and 8265 we have for sale don't count as it is our other part of our business. Guys I would like to ask for a reference for a tech in NYC area who can help us with service of this thing.
Thanks in advanced.
Roman.

Colorspans aren't worth the floorspace in a shop.

SignManiac

Sexy paper weight that will allow you to fantasize about making a fortune with a dinosaur printer that is now extinct!

UnlimitedBT

Wow, thanks!

Guys, you're coming down so hard on me regarding my choice of printer... Is it so bad? Seller did sloppy packing it and shipper did great job damaging it so I could use some help figuring it out. I just opened an account with HP itself but as far as some kind of filter, I believe it is fully supported yet. I do not fantasize about it bringing tons of money, I am OK we have a printshop, we have Copier/Printer Sales Service business, we did kicked out most of wideformat and offset work to 4over, profit is good enough but I would like to have a convenience of not waiting 2-4 business days and it is always 4, never 2, not worrying that operator did nor run a "head cleaning procedure" and order is printed banded... If needed I could stay as late as it takes to complete the order, no vendor will do that for me. This is a whole idea behind the purchase. I paid 8K for it and bought a 72UVX for parts for 1.7K do you still think this was a bad step? I understand and respect that most you is much more knowledgeable in this segment of print industry than I am but as an alternative that is UV, this much wide and take Coroplast and Foamcore what would it be? We print about 10 banners of different sizes per week so 40K printer suggestion hmmmm - I am a newbie, not stupid. The idea was to have a widest printer locally available, offer services to local signshops, build some work and than take on something that most of you would comment as "Hmmmm, not bad"

UnlimitedBT

HP Colorspan service referral

they don't work on them anymore
They do, i have quote on remote support and service calls. I would be ok with per/hour rates regardless of how skyrocking it is (we can discuss corporate greed is some other tread) but I have a problem with $1200 for 4 hrs travel fees. I send techs out everyday, we don't charge any travel (some cases like if customer is in Manhattan or other impossible to find parking area, we can add parking fees, tolls if applicable, Ok may be not 95 per call but 125 per call if customer is far in New Jersey but $300 per hour travel is kind of outrageous unless they will fly him in a helicopter)

wunder

the colorspan Displaymaker 72-98UV and Solvent are always a very good Production machine......never find a hybrid Printer with same technical referenz.....Very Fast Printing and Production Quality......we dont speak from a Photoquality Printer.....it is a Production Horse and runs and runs.......

we support this Printer Family in Europe and the customers are very proud about that........

if you have any problem......feel free to contact me.

best regards
wunder

Hzone15

The problem is only one person in the entire world supposedly figured out how to beat the chips. He goes by the name of Wunder and isn't located in the US. So after you figure out all of your issues with packing and getting the printer to actually run. Wholla you don't have any ink vendors as HP has discontinued this ink.

wunder

The problem is only one person in the entire world supposedly figured out how to beat the chips. He goes by the name of Wunder and isn't located in the US. So after you figure out all of your issues with packing and getting the printer to actually run. Wholla you don't have any ink vendors as HP has discontinued this ink.

Hi Hozne15,

what you talk about ?......to launch it in US is very expensive....this time we search a good Distri for US so we hope in 2014 find any with enough Skill for Colorspan & FB-Series.......:rock-n-roll:

At this time we support all machines in europe and the testing periode is Over with very good result. So we can SAY "YES WE CAN" on my Profile you can see Pics.....:toasting:

If any Body like more information feel free to contact me. ANY TIME ANY WAY....the 1st the 1st....is sooo :notworthy:

best regards
wunder

Richdog78

colorspan Displaymaker 6000 "aquired"

Looking for any vendors that can help me with parts, and or Ink for this infernal machine. Wunder can you help??
I realize that Fred Flinstone used this exact machine. Just hoping to find a little help out there, this would or hopefully will be
a "Banner only machine" Any help is appreciated, By the way..... for the critics, NO i did not actually pay money for the unit, call it a
Collection on Bad Debt, and was the only thing in the guys shop that remotely looked worth taking.

Rich

wunder

Hello Rich,

yes sure......best choice for a production Machine.....very fast and stable Production Horse :notworthy:....all you need on Stock !
What ever your Problem with this machine I`am glad to solve it and Bring it back to Life :toasting:

Feel free to contact me PM or directly Skype/MSN (see my profile)

best regards
wunder

Looking for any vendors that can help me with parts, and or Ink for this infernal machine. Wunder can you help??
I realize that Fred Flinstone used this exact machine. Just hoping to find a little help out there, this would or hopefully will be
a "Banner only machine" Any help is appreciated, By the way..... for the critics, NO i did not actually pay money for the unit, call it a
Collection on Bad Debt, and was the only thing in the guys shop that remotely looked worth taking.

Rich

gritsonis

Not in NY but California Media Services helped me out big time a few years ago I worked at a sign shop with a Colorspan 72uvr. The guy who owns the place is very helpful and gave me detailed instructions on how to fix several problems. Hope this helps.

acento3

Well,

Colorspan Displaymaker Ink Solutions are a never ending story!

As Rich said Fred Flintstone used one of these BUT, worldwide are a FEW that are still in very good working conditions like mine... Refusing to give up...

The problem is not the inks nor the printer itself... Cause that printer use Printheads that ARE NOT MADE BY HP, and of course the inks ARE NOT MADE ONLY by HP. So, you can use ANY third party ink compatible with the printhead... BUT, the "owners" of the technology are they, and they created the profiler chips as an insurance to make you stay always linked to those Solachrome Inks.

So, all the problem are the freaking damned profilers.

HP discontinnued the printer and the inks, and with them the profilers...

In the last year I did made a HUGE investigation over the internet, and I think this is the only forum active worldwide where a few Colorspan users are still connected and sharing information. Following the advices made by the members of this forum I called CMS California and they dont have anything for Colorspan printers left in stock. I contacted North Light Color and they was the only Colorspan Inks/Parts provider left in the U.S. with 2012 products remains and they told me that they only had 3 bulks of yellow ink left in stock. Only those 3 boxes...

There is 2 ways to brake the printer system... Cheat the profiler itself or cheat the verification!

The verification is possible to skip using a second OHS Board, is a little bit complicated and need some Colorspan parts (I am studying this method now)

Or cracking the profiler itself... The only person who I know that can do so is Mr. Wunder... BUT... Mr. Wunder is in the other side of the planet.

If you check his bios and see the pics posted by Mr Wunder you will see that they mastered the system and they REALLY got them working well. In fact, they could crack the profiler chip to make them virtually infinite.

He represents a company called Blue Mall, who developed the inks, profilers and bulk system for Colorspan Printers in Belgium.

The only problem is that is virtually imposible (In my case living in Venezuela) to make business with them cause the constantly shipping costs for the big boxes of inks will be astronomical, making for me A LOT cheaper to send my printer to the Junkyard and buy a new one.

I doubt that in the U.S are many Colorspan printers still in use, or at least a significant amount of printers to make possible (or profitable) to run a franchise of Blue Mall in this side of the world. Maybe if a big number of Colorspan users came up will be a lot easier to make business with them...

Finally, I can recommend you to contact Mr. Wunder, they will send you the info of their products.

Best Regards!

Chris Pineda.-

wunder

@all Colorspan owners,

so i check it out and we can send the Inks (incl. Profiler) around the world shipping cost for free. Minimal Order is 5 Liter Bulk per color. So you become the best Price for.

You can Order and find all at www.digiprint-swan.eu (at work)

br
wunder

ucinn

COLORSPAN 98UVX - anyone need parts? ink? printheads?

hello colorspan owners! i have owned a colorspan 98UVX since about 2006... bought it brand new. it has been a GREAT machine and has paid for itself many times over... we recently retired the machine and replaced it. having said that, i have lots of parts for sale! i have one brand new yellow ink, as well as one black ink that is about 95% full... i also have other inks available that i will make a great deal on as they are all partials... the machine was retired because we had a connection error... the CPU was no longer talking to the printer. our nearest service tech is now in atlanta and we are in SW florida... it was $2k just to get to me... i stuck about $3k in the machine trying to fix myself with phone support but cannot get this error to go away... so, its retired. please email me if you need anything for this machine! we can work out pricing... michael@LCRepro.com
thanks!