• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP L25500 Loading Issue

VTSigns

My printer is having trouble grabbing the material when loading. If you have this printer you understand that the printer puts tension on the material when it is fed far enough through. Once it is far enough through the printer grabs the material and pulls it forward using the pinch rollers. My printer beeps and gives me the material selection screen before it reaches this area. If I let go of the material it will slip out of the loading rollers and fall back to the roll. Only way to load the material is to lift the pinch roll lever and push the material past the pinch rollers and then lower the pinch roll lever. It works but its a little annoying if the material doesn't want to feed through by hand. Anyone else experienced this issue? Not really a huge problem and doesn't prevent me from printing but it is a bit annoying.

jayhawksigns

Only real issue I have had loading media was non-paper backed fabrics. Other then that, I keep pushing until it starts pulling it.

Tim Aucoin

If you push through too slowly, it will go to the load screen before it grips the material. Check and see if you are hesitating at all. Get it lined up underneath and push it through as quick as possible.

GB2

Old Member
What you describe is a regular occurance, just the way it is and nothing to be concerned about.

nate

That's the point of the handle-- it causes a manual load situation for materials that don't work well with the automatic loading. It's a well thought out feature. If it's not vinyl, we always use the handle to create a manual load.