• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question HP l26500 Faulty Ink Cartridge Error

Broke-Boy

Hello all. 1st ever post.
I am running a Hp latex L26500.
Turned It on in the morning to start the day, I got a Replace Faulty Light Magenta Cartridge Error.
the Cartridge has over 600ml of ink out of 775ml.
I cleaned the Cartridge and printer electrical contacts. Reaeated, problem still exists.
My question.
When the new LM Cartridge arrives in the post, do I just replace the cartridge through the front panel system or do I have to do something in the Diagnostics menu using the Up,Cancel and on/off button simultaneously pressed? For example, reset the eerom.
I am worried to do It wrong and the printer marks the new cartridge as faulty too.
Question 2
Can I bypass the fault and continue to print. My job only requirs black to be printed so wondering of its possible to avoid downtime whilst awaiting new Cartridge.
That's assuming printing will resume as normal after inserting the new Cartridge.

Ian Stewart-Koster

Older Greyer Brushie
Just use the 'replace ink cartridge' sequence from the printer console.
It will release the vacuum & seals etc, let you do it, then recharge.

Keep the 'faulty' one - I find you can put them back later and they can work ok...

StephenOrange

Eater of cake. Maker of .
Just a guess here, but is it a third-party cartridge?
When originals were still available I had 1 or 2 faulty chips in 100’s and 100’s of cartridges. When we had to start using aftermarket stuff we started getting faulty ones every 5-10 units.

ToTo

Professional Support
HP Ink cartridges are under warranty until depleted or expired. Just return it to the seller.
Check also the connector and electronic on the back of the printer. Could be ink on electronic or broken holder.

Ian Stewart-Koster

Older Greyer Brushie
"HP Ink cartridges are under warranty..."
The L260 cartridges won't be under any warranty-even if original, due to it being a discontinued & unsupported model nowadays.

Broke-Boy

Thank you very much everyone. I will report back when the new cartridge arrives for those in the future asking the same question.
Lesson learnt, I must have more than one of each colour even if the ink quantity is full.
I have cleaned the electrical contacts on the cartridge and printer
Checked the ink cartridge holder which is intact, no breaks.

For now I've had to use normal cut vinyl to complete my very few orders.
Love the forum and the wealth of guidance on here.
Thank you everyone.

Broke-Boy

Just a guess here, but is it a third-party cartridge?
When originals were still available I had 1 or 2 faulty chips in 100’s and 100’s of cartridges. When we had to start using aftermarket stuff we started getting faulty ones every 5-10 units.
Yes this is a 3rd party ink. The replacement on its way is an expired original Hp version.

karst41

Yes this is a 3rd party ink. The replacement on its way is an expired original Hp version.
Hello all. 1st ever post.
I am running a Hp latex L26500.
Turned It on in the morning to start the day, I got a Replace Faulty Light Magenta Cartridge Error.
the Cartridge has over 600ml of ink out of 775ml.
I cleaned the Cartridge and printer electrical contacts. Reaeated, problem still exists.
My question.
When the new LM Cartridge arrives in the post, do I just replace the cartridge through the front panel system or do I have to do something in the Diagnostics menu using the Up,Cancel and on/off button simultaneously pressed? For example, reset the eerom.
I am worried to do It wrong and the printer marks the new cartridge as faulty too.
Question 2
Can I bypass the fault and continue to print. My job only requirs black to be printed so wondering of its possible to avoid downtime whilst awaiting new Cartridge.
That's assuming printing will resume as normal after inserting the new Cartridge.
Who do you buy your inks from?

I would only buy Inks from Chauntek In Texas or Printhead Doctor in Canada

PHD Inks are likely to be the best Inks on the Market, and every once in a while you can get a faulty
data chip, if so the replacement gets to you super fast.
HP inks are to a degree Inferior to PHD and they can have faulty data chips too, just like everybody else!

My L560, for some reason HATES Yellow Carts. and I have to reinsert the Cart 3 or 4 times to get it to take.
The Sales rep who came to set it up says this is a very common problem.

Broke-Boy

Solution for Replace ink Cartridge error was simply a new cartridge.
I did clean the "pip" connector that connects to the cartridge as I spotted a little bit of ink on one if the little connectors.
I'm still wondering what caused the issue in the 1st place as it had 600ml out 775ml.

Geneva Olson

Expert Storyteller
HP Ink cartridges are under warranty until depleted or expired. Just return it to the seller.
Check also the connector and electronic on the back of the printer. Could be ink on electronic or broken holder.
nothing is under warranty on an LP26500.