• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP L26500 repeated printhead installation error

derekw13029

So i've got an hp l26500 that is stuck in a "replace printhead" loop. It says printhead 4 is faulty; you replace it, it fails to finish the replacement, sends the carriage back to the middle, prompts you to swap the printhead again.

i've cleaned the printheads manually by placing them on a wet paper towel. i've cleaned the contacts. sometimes it says printhead 3 is faulty. i've replaced printheads only to have the issue remain.

is there a chance that no ink is getting to the printheads so the printer keeps failing whatever check it's running? i cannot print a test print; i cannot print anything. it is completely stuck in a loop.

Ezek0

Have you tried reconnecting the flexing cables? The ones that go the carriage board.

I suggest you try a new printhead first.

chester215

Just call me Chester.
When we had one of those printers it was common to have a bad printhead that was new.
As already mentioned, try another printhead first.

derekw13029

I replaced #4 with a new one, but the error continues. Sometimes it jumps from #4 to #3. I try swapping them, i've tried every combination of the now three y/k printheads i have and it always fails.

I guess I can ebay another printhead and switch it, but i feel like i'm just wasting money if inserting a new printhead just keeps getting the same error.

Ian Stewart-Koster

Older Greyer Brushie
Can you maybe be daring, and remove all six, then wait for it to ask you to reinstate them, and maybe trick it into not realising what it previously ignored.

Ian Stewart-Koster

Older Greyer Brushie
How about removing then reinserting the 2 ink cartridges that feed the head it thinks is bad?
Have you had a mouse plague? I bloke here had his L260 vacuum lines eaten into by mice - and the data cables also. I gave him spares I had.

george paris

I have a L260 and tried using the "new" printheads from China ,they were mostly useless. I had to poke around and found orig. HP printheads on ebay and that worked for me. Wish you were closer I want to dump my 260 (heater problems that cost too much to fix). Good luck!

derekw13029

what would be the best way to access them? so far i've been using hp's recommended technique of beginning the printhead swap, then powering down to keep access to the carriage. could i get to the board from there or would i need to dig deeper into the machine?