• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Suggestions HP laser printer to pair with roland cutter a3 size or simillar

pinkiss

Can anyone advise on good hp printer that would work well with roland plotter, now im not in business to do large graphics and would be fine just being able to print cut A3 size images,

atm i have roland gs-24 plotter, and work with adobe illustrator.

To be honest i dont even know which type of vinyl is used best for printing, i have bad general experiences with printers bleeding or draining mass amounts of ink and cartidges being expensive so would like inexpensive solution if there is one, as use regularly B&W laser HP printer for my regular a4 printing needs and cartridges last me forever since ive made switch years ago, but not sure what to exactly look model wise. as pretty much new to print cut.

Any suggestions appreciated.

rjssigns

What you are trying to do won't work. Printing on vinyl needs a purpose built solvent or latex printer. May want to check into a used Roland SP300V. Solid little printer.

AGCharlotte

there is digital vinyl out there, but I'm not sure what would work with what you're asking about. I'm assuming the HP to be a small desktop laser printer (which tend to run hot). The heat and amount of turns/etc in the paper path could cause problems.

When I was on the small format side, I used Spinnaker's Diversiprint vinyl which came in 12x18 sheets. They ran fine through my Xerox DocuColors (252 & 770), but melted & jammed my Konica C1070.

pinkiss

well AGCharlootte thx for input i know someone who runs oracal 641 trough toshiba or minolta printer laser one and it works out ok.appreciate advice on roland sp300v but thats out of my league as looking just to do small print decals and that machine would be way over top.

AGCharlotte

I ran a ton of smaller vinyl product labels on that stuff. Your main concern is you don't want a laserjet that runs too terribly hot (not really sure how you'd know, I know Xerox said they ran at lower temps). If you're using off the shelf like Oracal 641, then you definitely don't want anything "hot" as that stuff doesn't take much to melt.

https://www.spinps.com/website/webs...m&brand=Spinnakercat=Digitalmain=Laser/Copier

I was using the 45111 or 45112 product, can't remember which now. If there's going to be a lot of volume for you, another thing would be easy access to rollers, because adhesive likes to squeeze out of those sheets over time and will build up on there.

quick googling looks like a lot of the t-shirt transfer folks like Oki printers. Transfer paper would be somewhat similar to vinyl.

Last edited: