• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help HP Latex 360 prints have wet spots! Help! Always in same area. Not drying

All of a sudden, I started getting wet spots on my prints. Doesn't matter what material I use. It looks like it's always in the same area...towards the right of the printer (if you're looking at printer). See picture.

Attachments

• 20190206_200524.jpg
    20190206_200524.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 971

dypinc

One of your curing modules has gone bad. It will need to be replaced. You have 4 of them and they can be check in service mode to see which ones are bad. Of course you can tell by where the ink is not curing.

Emd2kick

All of a sudden, I started getting wet spots on my prints. Doesn't matter what material I use. It looks like it's always in the same area...towards the right of the printer (if you're looking at printer). See picture.
We had this issue w/ our 365, and it turned out to be clogged holes in the vent around the heating module. Had a tech come out, cleaned out all the tiny holes and we were good to go.

Christian @ 2CT Media

We had this issue w/ our 365, and it turned out to be clogged holes in the vent around the heating module. Had a tech come out, cleaned out all the tiny holes and we were good to go.
Yup, not always a bad curing module. Sometimes just reduced airflow due to ink clogs. If this is happening you should look at doing a full SMK3 as you will have access to everything in order to clean the curing tunnel

One of your curing modules has gone bad. It will need to be replaced. You have 4 of them and they can be check in service mode to see which ones are bad. Of course you can tell by where the ink is not curing.
How can I check to see if I have a bad module?

Dan360

The first thing to do is to clean the vents for your heater units, which requires you to remove them and clean inside where they sit. Those holes are very small and clog easily, we had the same problem. If it persists, run an IR thermometer across a print just under the heaters to make sure the temperature is relatively consistent. If you do find a dead zone, swap the heater with another one and see if the dead zone moved to the new location.

A faulty module would likely have a larger impact than what you're seeing, but anything is possible. I try everything I can before I have to pay for parts.

HulkSmash

We had an issue as well, paid a tech $150 per machine to come out and clear the of the holes as mentioned above. You can do it yourself but its not super simple, also the sheet metal is so sharp you can easily sever your cables. It's best to let a tech do it.

Also things to cause this is too much saturation in the profile, and Not enough airflow.

RandyDe

We have had very similar issues with our HP Latex 110. It's beyond frustrating. We've had the tecs check everything and clean vents and it still happens.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
We have had very similar issues with our HP Latex 110. It's beyond frustrating. We've had the tecs check everything and clean vents and it still happens.
Exchange the heater from that spot to another spot. See if issue moves with it.
There's also heater calibration that you can use and tune up one heater if it's not the same as others.
As you say they "clean vents", they took out the complete heater and cleaned it well?

stxrmxn

As above. Clogged holes. tech spent weeks changing heater elements round, everything he could think of. turned out just give it a clean.
You should have an angled brush in your HP service kit. This is for getting to the holes.
Heaters can be changed around relatively easily after you spend hours removing the screws if you need to check those.
Also quite handy to know how to take it apart as we had one of the fan housings crack and cause an error as it span. Fixed it up with q bond and it lasted a few weeks, enough until the spare arrived.