• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP Latex 365 color consistency

PaulG2020

Having the same issue and I had started a new thread about this (didn't know this existed). Even with all the suggestions I too still have this issue. I have notices when I turn color correction off I get a print the way I expected.
I have no answer for this other than I turn color correction off. My new question, is printing with color correction off ok to do? If it is not why is there an option on or off?
The images I have uploaded Show color correction on I get Pink/ Purplish grays. Second picture shows nice gradient and also the drop shadow becomes visible, with correction off.
This is a small sample on banner material, this will also happen on every vinyl we use.
This color is NOT visible on pc screen it is only when printing at the printer.

Attachments

• IMG_5174.jpg
    IMG_5174.jpg
    616.7 KB · Views: 153
  • IMG_5173.jpg
    IMG_5173.jpg
    691.5 KB · Views: 153

JamesLam

I think you might be correct here. I'll run some tests to see the results. Thanks
Any follow-up on this? How did you make out with your test results? I'm having the same issues (all of a sudden). I have tried with colour correction (too pink) and w/o colour correction (flat and dull losing much of the colour that should be visible).

darrellcarpenay

Any follow-up on this? How did you make out with your test results? I'm having the same issues (all of a sudden). I have tried with colour correction (too pink) and w/o colour correction (flat and dull losing much of the colour that should be visible).
I've had no luck fixing this problem. Even my supplier can't figure it out. Luckily I have another printer (Roland) that I can work with if I have this issue with certain prints.

JamesLam

I meant to post a follow-up a while ago, my apologies for the delay.

Initially I replaced a few (expired) inks and I either replaced or cleaned & refreshed the print heads. Then I went through a number of the test sequences and re-calibrated my HP 365 for the media I use on a regular basis.

Since I was knee deep anyway I then re-calibrated my monitor just to eliminate any potential display issues.

Many of you had provided some good information both through this thread or directly that turned out to be very helpful. And I may have learned a thing or two when using colour correction, etc. (check back in 6 months to see if any of this sticks).

Now the images are as they should be in the sense of both print quality and colour accuracy. Thanks for the help.

darrellcarpenay

I think you might be correct here. I'll run some tests to see the results. Thanks
I have an update on this. Was having an issue with the pink / magenta hue in the greyscale prints. I changed the media profile to the Generic and switched off the color correction to eliminate the issue. Image attached shows the print with pink hue (with color correction), and the correct image with no pink hue (without color correction) on the HP365 latex printer.

bigsheet

I've had the same issue on the HP365, warm grey tones. What fixed it for me was going through the full calibration process and creating my own icc profile.

Whenever I ran through the same calibration process, but used the existing icc profile I ended up with the same warm grey.

Now if anyone could tell me why I'm suddenly getting a "color cannot be calibrated on this substrate. White substrate measurement is out of range." on a paper I previously calibrated!! I thought maybe it was a spectrophotometer issue, but I can calibrate on other media just fine??

cornholio

There is a preripped test print in the 300/500 HP's to test the machine. If this print comes out neutral, your ICC(Rip) is the problem.

GamecockGrafx

I had the exact same issue with my 365 Latex last summer - the grays were printing pink - on all substrates where I could choose one of the lesser "print passes" choices. In other words, on vinyl media preset, I could go with the standard 10 pass choice or what seemed to me, a more economical 6 pass choice. When I did the 6 pass, it was pink. After several trials and tribulations, I used the default 10 pass choice and voila! Perfection. Cost savings on 6pass vs 10pass not even worth it. Good luck!

mattc5900

I have ran into the same problem with my 365.. if i have color correction turned off. I get good grayscale but if turned on i get pinkish grays. I have tried new profiles ect and cant seem to find a solution except for tuning color correction off.