• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP Latex 54 Cutter Problems

wisota4.jpg wisota5.jpg system cut.jpg

I'm using HP Flexi Print & Cut 12 Build [HASHTAG]#2898[/HASHTAG] with a HP Latex 315 printer as well for what that's worth.

So I'm having some pretty serious alignment issues when I go to cut some jobs. It doesn't seem to happen all the time but it's becoming more frequent.

On the first image you can see that plot lines are really far off. In the second image you can see how it's supposed to be cut. The really surprising thing is these were cut on the exact same job! Everything was aligning fine and then it started plotting way off track. Then it started plotting fine again. All off of the exact same barcode on the exact same job. The vinyl was tracking fine in the plotter the entire time.

In the third image you can see multiple attempts of me trying to plot this particular job. Those plots were supposed to be inside the diamond. One of those plots are from were I tried to scan the opposite side barcode.

Like I said before this is something that can occur mid plot. On some jobs, it will plot the left (if you're looking straight at the front of the plotter) side of the job fine and gets misaligned on the right side. It did this exact same thing on one of the first jobs I ever plotted on this thing almost a year and a half ago.

This has been a persistent problem but it has gotten much worse over the last week. I've wasted a considerable amount of my time and material trying to fix this. Any help you can offer will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
AJ

PHILJOHNSON

Sales Manager
Hi AJ,

Sorry to hear about the difficulties with your HP/Summa cutter! I can only speak to the actual SummaCut Series cutters(which are similar but not the exact same as your HP cutter) but in this situation I would first want to determine if the software is causing the problem or if the hardware itself might be defective. With the SummaCut cutters you can use the included Winplot cutting software to run a few test jobs to see if you have the same accuracy issues that you are getting when using Flexi to output the jobs. If you have similar issues using Winplot that you have been getting outputting from Flexi then that would indicate an issue with the cutter itself.

Here are some things I would try -
  • Factory reset your cutter to its original settings
  • Update your firmware to the latest revision
  • Perform an OPOS Calibration
Once you have completed those I would try outputting a couple jobs using a different cutting program, like Winplot for example, and see if the random accuracy issues persist. If you don't have any issues using a different cutting program then you may need to contact Flexi to do some troubleshooting and see if maybe there is a bug fix they can install to fix the issue. If you end up having issues with accuracy using a different program then I would have a trained tech take a look at the cutter and see if any of the hardware components are defective.

Best regards,

Phil Johnson
Airmark Corporation
(800)527-7778, ext 112
philj@airmark.com

klikn

Sign Man Spokane did you fix your problem? When I contour cut it will cut shift slightly in x-direction and a bit less in y-direction.

I have HP latex 335 print and cut

mjohnsonsa

I am having the exact same problems you describe with my HP Latex 54 cutter. The problems have happened since I first got the cutter and are sporadic. It has happened in both Flexi 12 and Flexi 19 with multiple firmware versions, OPOS cleaning/calibrations, etc. Not only will it go off track and back on track on the same cut job but it will actually go off and on track on the same cut! See the attached Elf graphic for example. Sign Man Spokane did you ever get it fixed?

Elf Cut Tracking Problem:
PY51L9.jpg

karst41

Holy Flying CARP Batman!

I have Graphtec 8600- 160 and was using only 3 Pinch rollers.
I now use all 4. Outside roller adjustment down force set all the way down.
Middle 2 set to First relief up (all the way down, then up One for the middle two rollers)

The cut about half inch down,,,, looks like Blade holder is in the Perf cut position! (foward on the 8600)
Move blade holder to the back position.

I would then do an ARMS test and adjust as needed.

Still Gots problem? Go to your Art File Select ALL. the view, show fills Off.
You could have a ghost in your art. if so Ungroup everything and delete the ghost.
If will not delete, then Un Compound, and delete the problem child.

If the prick is still there,,,,,,,convert to Outlines select and delete,, dont forget the holes
in the letters and numbers.

If you still have problem, bad art file.

When you resolve please post the results. We are learning every day.

Cheers

spo

Sign Printing Online
I have the same cutter and I got it a couple months ago. I had a US Cutter Laserpoint 3 before and that was when the business started a year ago. I bought the HP 335 but did not get the cutter at the time. I bought the cutter to match to get the license for Flexi and I honestly really regret it. A week after I bought it, any job I sent did not cut. I called support and found the main board had to be replaced. When I first got it, I cut vinyl (Like Oracal 651) and did a contour cut and they were both perfect. Since the replacement, the alignment was horrible. Now doing the OPOS calibration did fix the alignment, but now I have an issue on the Oracal where it tears into the edge of the letter and if I drop the pressure, it does not peel. It seems like since the system board replacement, it is buggy and just crap. An example is I have stickers on clear vinyl and I have tried tons of variations for perf cut to get it to cut them out, and it always seems to leave corners or edges I need to cut manually. I finally after many trials and waste found I need to do two cuts, a kiss cut and then the perf cut and I get it perfect. Like what the heck? I thought dull blade but I only had this for 2 months and I am a very small shop and do not do that kind of volume that would lead me to think this. It did come with 2 blades and I did try it anyways, same issue. I do have the blade the right distance out so that is not it.

I am posting this because it made me feel better to at least see others finding alignment issues and it is always an OPOS calibration that fixed mine. I did the OPOS media calibration as well but may not be needed.