• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help HP Scitex FB500 start Problems... Does anyone know what it can be?

BrightPrint24

BrightPrinting Stefan
Hello Everybody,

i got a Problem with one of my FB500. In reason of vacations i turned the Printer off and after one week i wanted to start him again. Bad for me. Nothing happening.
The display shows "no signal" and the only thing what happening too, is that the fans starts for 10 seconds. After 12 Seconds the Mashine do nothing. No initialization or something.

The standard repair attempts are already behind me.
- Rebooted
- Unplugged the power cord and plugged it back in after a minute
- Display replaced
- Cable replaced

I just hope it's not a board that broke. Has anyone had anything like this and know how to fix it?

Thanks in advance
BrightPrint :)

PS:
- Searching for a Technician in Germany / NRW, who able to Fix our UV Printer. Send me a PM if you know someone .
- Searching for an alternative Printer like the FB500.
Thank you have a nice day^^

Hello Everybody,

i got a Problem with one of my FB500. In reason of vacations i turned the Printer off and after one week i wanted to start him again. Bad for me. Nothing happening.
The display shows "no signal" and the only thing what happening too, is that the fans starts for 10 seconds. After 12 Seconds the Mashine do nothing. No initialization or something.

The standard repair attempts are already behind me.
- Rebooted
- Unplugged the power cord and plugged it back in after a minute
- Display replaced
- Cable replaced

I just hope it's not a board that broke. Has anyone had anything like this and know how to fix it?

Thanks in advance
BrightPrint :)

PS:
- Searching for a Technician in Germany / NRW, who able to Fix our UV Printer. Send me a PM if you know someone .
Thank you have a nice day^^
Damn those displays are expensive to replace. Have you tried plugging in a normal vga moitor (plug located close to the on off switch)
Potentially you have a dead motherboard or PSU.
Try to see if you have fanspin on the motheboard located in the silver box down low, when you take the left shield off the printer.
We have a complete FB500 for spare parts (minus the ink system).
Could come to you with the required used parts and fix the machine.

BrightPrint24

BrightPrinting Stefan
Damn those displays are expensive to replace. Have you tried plugging in a normal vga moitor (plug located close to the on off switch)
Try to see if you have fanspin on the motheboard located in the silver box down low, when you take the left shield off the printer.
I have a replacement screen here and have already exchanged it. Unfortunately, this did not help to fix the problem. I've already swapped out the VGA cable.
From the looks of it, it will be the motherboard, to my regret.

o_O I'll check out the board again!

BrightPrint24

BrightPrinting Stefan
Fixed:
Hello Morten,

i changed the Motherboard and it worked. Thank you for helping me out.
Now i will never turn off the Printer.

best greats Stefan^^

Judy

Hello, need help with HP FB500. Machine keeps rebooting itself every 2-3 minutes. I already changed out IO Board, and headboard and mother board.

Hello, need help with HP FB500. Machine keeps rebooting itself every 2-3 minutes. I already changed out IO Board, and headboard and mother board.
You need to change the Power supply, supplying the motherboard and some other stuff in the electronic box. It is a special HP proprietary form factor. We adopted a standard ATX one to do the job instead.

FrankW

The last company I know who have serviced the FB500 in Germany is Complott in Mettmann, but not shure if they still do. I was a certified FB500-technician too, but in switzerland.

Because this machines are really outdated, HP dont support that machines either, and the certification has to be renewed every year, it is not shure that any company around would offer support for the machines anymore. My last certification was in 2018.

Better try to replace that printers with something newer.

I would take a look at the printers logfile, to see if there is some kind of pattern in those crashes. Always after idle headspit no5, always after second head cleaning etc. Etc. You are welcome to post your logfile here or send me a PM with it. I am not a certified tech on these machine, but I have been in the trenches for years..

Turdis

I would take a look at the printers logfile, to see if there is some kind of pattern in those crashes. Always after idle headspit no5, always after second head cleaning etc. Etc. You are welcome to post your logfile here or send me a PM with it. I am not a certified tech on these machine, but I have been in the trenches for years..

Attachments

• logrootthursdaynight.txt
    82.8 KB · Views: 79
  • logpagethursdaynight.txt
    132.9 KB · Views: 72

Turdis

here are the latest 2.
We are about to changed the ATX power supply
BTW Thank you for your time!

Turdis

Just in case someone has the same issue of the printer restarting itself. Start off by replacing the OHS board.