• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP Scitex FB550 blank touch screen

JAMES RIANI

Leo Graphics Chicago
Has anyone had issue with the touch screen going blank at start up? Is it the touch screen itself? ATX? Motherboard?

greysquirrel

so it could be screen, motherboard or HDD. remove side cover connect normal computer monitor in its place. If you get an image then it is the screen if you get nothing its the motherboard/hdd. I may have a new unopened one if you find yourself in a pinch. We no longer have the printer.

Vortex37

Laminator Whisperer
Ours does this every once in a while but it always comes back after a reboot. It seems to happen whenever there’s a power fluctuation even though it’s on it’s own power supply.

Usually it’s overnight or on a weekend, I’ll come in the following morning to a message that says something like it can’t communicate with the LCD panel. I reboot it and once in a while it comes back with a blank screen. When that happens I unplug it from the power supply, let it sit a minute, then turn it back on. Never had it fail to come back after that.

greysquirrel

so, if hdd is bad, display has mothing?
i would have GUESSED it would have something
typically you replace the hdd anytime you replace the mother board. They ship together in the same box. Newer mother boards may not require the double replacement. Depends on what HP has in stock