• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP SCITEX LX850

sacristo

I think you're at the point that you should call a service tech in. Call the vendor who sold you the printer and have them support it.

Some things can be used diagnosed.. some things are out of your league and should be done by a tech.

You're wasting more money in your machine being down and all the time you've spent trying to fix it then it would be to call someone in to repair it.
Hi Thanks very much for the advice. I have not used the printer to print ever since I purchased it. I bought it as a second user from a Company in the U.K.I was physically present during purchase in the U.K. The machine was tested and it was fully functional. I then shipped it to Ghana and followed up and since it arrived I am unable to use it to print as it returns the error code 14.2:10 because the curing temperature terminates while timing up. I have searched around in Ghana and it seems there are no Engineers here in Ghana and probably this is the only Scitex LX 850 in Ghana. I don’t mind paying the services for someone with the know-how to support me remotely if possible .Regards

Last edited:

balstestrat

Problem Solver
You know that's an old machine and should go to the scrap yard. Not worth spending too much time on.

When you recieved it to Ghana, did you ever configure the 3-phase in the printer? It needs to be set-up if it's not 1:1 the same as in UK.
It won't work if it's not configured correctly.

But anyways good luck. I won't be able to help more than this, you need to find someone who can get their hands on the machine.

sacristo

You know that's an old machine and should go to the scrap yard. Not worth spending too much time on.

When you recieved it to Ghana, did you ever configure the 3-phase in the printer? It needs to be set-up if it's not 1:1 the same as in UK.

But anyways good luck. I won't be able to help more than this, you need to find someone who can get their hands on the machine.
Thanks ver much. The 3 phase in Ghana is the same as in the UK.

sacristo

The printer was manufactured in 2015. And the company did not use it that much. It has done only 25000 m2. The 3 phase in Ghana is the same as in the UK 380-415,Thank you

sacristo

Hi Team,Thanks for the advice.Machine is now printing.The problem was due to a blown fuse.The only problem now is that the magenta/yellow printhead is missing.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Once again, following manual it could be solved easily. But good that you found it.

What do you mean by printhead missing? Have you cleaned the contacts, checked and re-seated it?

I recommend you to add some padding to this position, to make the printhead fit better in the slot. Just put some soft and tape over it, just to make it 1-2mm thicker.
Those old slots are way too sloppy and just the looseness can make the printhead go give an error.

o8467nvp4.jpg

sacristo

Once again, following manual it could be solved easily. But good that you found it.

What do you mean by printhead missing? Have you cleaned the contacts, checked and re-seated it?

I recommend you to add some padding to this position, to make the printhead fit better in the slot. Just put some soft and tape over it, just to make it 1-2mm thicker.
Those old slots are way too sloppy and just the looseness can make the printhead go give an error.

View attachment 153608
Thanks very much. I deduced that the yellow/magenta printhead has dried up. It has done only 4830 ml. Please is there a way to unblock the nozzles?I have already done lots of hard cleaning but it is still not unblocking it.

sacristo

balstestrat

Problem Solver
IPS has windows shared folder C:\hotfolder or \output for example.
You have to be able to access that folder with your rip pc and enter it to Onyx for example \\192.168.1.XXX\output\

sacristo

Thanks very much. I am having this code 48.4.5:11. Carriage system recovery.Please any assistance?
IPS has windows shared folder C:\hotfolder or \output for example.
You have to be able to access that folder with your rip pc and enter it to Onyx for example \\192.168.1.XXX\output\

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Thanks very much. I am having this code 48.4.5:11. Carriage system recovery.Please any assistance?
Follow the error code description and this below. Most likely the screw is stuck.
When you free it and it spins, add grease to it. Align it if needed.

3.3.13 What to do if the Scan Beam movement is locked and it cannot be moved

sacristo

Follow the error code description and this below. Most likely the screw is stuck.
When you free it and it spins, add grease to it. Align it if needed.

3.3.13 What to do if the Scan Beam movement is locked and it cannot be moved
Thanks once again.Please which side of the printer’s scan beam?

sacristo

Thanks once again.Please which side of the printer’s scan beam?
Hi it is asking me in Diagnostic menu to switch of PPS homing switch front left and it is beeping but I can’t locate it in the service manual nor on the printer.I will appreciate your kind support as always

balstestrat

Problem Solver
As usual, all this info is in the manual... If you are really thinking about using this machine I recommend you to browse it and the user guide as well.

48.4.5:11= Front Left PPS. It's from the output side, ink side.
The sensor is in this picture, where the wires go.

s5j765s.png

sacristo

As usual, all this info is in the manual... If you are really thinking about using this machine I recommend you to browse it and the user guide as well.

48.4.5:11= Front Left PPS. It's from the output side, ink side.
The sensor is in this picture, where the wires go.

View attachment 153641
Thanks once again. I was able to locate it but I realised that when I lowered the homing switch on the front left with a screw driver and did the carriage beam recovery the code went away but it didn’t give me the option to either raise or lower the carriage beam. I have the service manual but I am not technically inclined and I must commend you for your unique support as you are helping me immensely

sacristo

Thanks once again. I was able to locate it but I realised that when I lowered the homing switch on the front left with a screw driver and did the carriage beam recovery the code went away but it didn’t give me the option to either raise or lower the carriage beam. I have the service manual but I am not technically inclined and I must commend you for your unique support as you are helping me immensely
Please I did CHECK PPS MOTORS

THEN IT SAID

ERROR: 48.4.5:11

FAIL starting Front Left motor
Inline image

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Remove the motor and run the test on that motor only, see if it works or not. Try to rotate the screw when the motor is out, see if it's stuck or not.

And you might have to restart the printer even if you get away with the error.

sacristo

Remove the motor and run the test on that motor only, see if it works or not. Try to rotate the screw when the motor is out, see if it's stuck or not.

And you might have to restart the printer even if you get away with the error.
Thank you.Please how do I run a test on only that motor?